|Article title||DETECTION AND EXPLORATION OF LOCAL BOTTOM OBJECTS WITH GROUP OF SPECIAL AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLES|
|Authors||A. V. Inzartsev, A. M. Pavin, G. D. Eliseenko, M. A. Panin|
|Section||SECTION I. PROSPECTS FOR APPLICATION OF ROBOT SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||01, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) with side-scan sonars (SSS) and photosystems, could be used for automated detection and exploration of local bottom objects. SSS permits effectively recognize bottom objects at significant distance, whereas photosystem is frequently using for detailed documentation of state of some objects at near area. Under these circumstances for solving a monitoring problem it is possible to use different scenarios of using both individual AUV, which performs cyclically stages sss-detection and photo documentation, and group of specialized AUVs which perform these actions simultaneously (in parallel mode). Detection at acoustic images of selected objects in real time is performing by algorithms which include building gradient map, detection of boundaries of objects and objects detection with clustering procedures. Then algorithms select objects which correspond to specified characteristics and detect their coordinates. Detected coordinates are used for displacement of AUV to detected object and photo coverage. The work deals with model solution of monitoring problem. It includes algorithm research of objects recognition and AUV control both for individual and group using. Experiments were made with integrated control and modeling AUV system created at IMTP FEB RAS. It allows debugging and using developed program modules directly in control systems environments of active AUVs. Experimental results confirming the usefulness of developed algorithms for real works are discussed.|
|Keywords||Autonomous underwater vehicle; automated monitoring of water areas; side sonar scan images; sss-images; detection and recognition of objects at images; mission planning; modeling complex.|
|References||1. Inzartsev A.V., Matvienko Yu.V., Pavin A.M., Rylov N.I. Monitoring morskogo dna s primeneniem tekhnologiy intellektual'noy obrabotki dannykh poiskovykh ustroystv na bortu ANPA [Monitoring of the seabed with the use of intelligent data processing technologies of search devices on Board the ANPA], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater research and robotics], 2015, No. 2 (20), pp. 20-27.
2. Kukharskikh A.K., Pavin A.M. Elektromagnitnyy iskatel' dlya obnaruzheniya i otslezhivaniya metallosoderzhashchikh podvodnykh protyazhennykh ob"ektov [Electromagnetic finder for detection and tracking of metal-containing underwater extended objects], Pribory [Pribory], 2008, No. 4, pp. 33-38.
3. Tuphanov I., Scherbatyk A. A centralized planner considering task spatial configuration for a group of marine vehicles: field test results, International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Hamburg, Germany: IEEE/RSJ. September-October, 2015.
4. Tufanov I.E., Shcherbatyuk A.F. Nekotorye rezul'taty morskikh ispytaniy tsentralizovannoy sistemy upravleniya gruppoy morskikh robotov [Some results of marine tests of the centralized control system of a group of marine robots], Upravlenie bol'shimi sistemami [Control of large systems]. Moscow: IPU RAN, 2016, No. 59, pp. 233-245.
5. Scherbatyuk А., Sporyshev M. Comparison of Some Algorithms for Centralized Planning of AUV Group Operation for Local Heterogeneities Survey, Proceedings of the OCEANS'16 Conference. Shanghai, China: MTS/IEEE, 2016.
6. Charles M.C., Zurawski C.W., Dobeck G.J., Weilert D.R. Real-Time Performance of Fusion Algorithms for Computer Aided Detection and Classification of Bottom Mines in the Littoral Environment, Proceedings of the OCEANS'03 Conference. San-Diego, USA: MTS/IEEE, 2003, pp. 1119-1125.
7. Stokey P.R., Freitag L.E., Grund M.D. A Compact Control Language for AUV Acoustic Communication, Proceedings of OCEANS’05-Europe Conference. Brest, France: MTS/IEEE, June 2005, pp. 1133-1137.
8. Vaulin Yu.V., Kostenko V.V., Pavin A.M. Osobennosti navigatsionnogo i algoritmicheskogo obespecheniya teleupravlyaemogo neobitaemogo podvodnogo apparata [Features of navigation and algorithmic support of remote-controlled unmanned underwater vehicle], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater research and robotics], 2013, No. 2 (16), pp. 4-15.
9. Inzartsev A.V., Pavin A.M., Bagnitskiy A.V. Planirovanie i osushchestvlenie deystviy obsledovatel'skogo podvodnogo robota na baze povedencheskikh metodov [Planning and implementation of the survey underwater robot based on behavioral methods], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater research and robotics], 2013, No. 1 (15), pp. 4-16.
10. Pavin A.M. Underwater Object Recognition in Photo Images, Proceedings of the OCEANS'15 Conference. Washington, USA: MTS/IEEE, October 2015.
11. Melman S., Bobkov V., Inzartsev A., Pavin A.. Distributed Simulation Framework for Investigation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles' Real-Time Behavior, Proceedings of the OCEANS’15 Conference. Washington, USA: MTS/IEEE, October 2015.
12. Pavin A., Inzartsev A., Eliseenko G., Lebedko O., Panin M.. A Reconfigurable Web-based Simulation Environment for AUV, Proceedings of the OCEANS’15 Conference. Washington, USA: MTS/IEEE, October 2015.
13. Mel'man S.V., Bobkov V.A., Inzartsev A.V., Pavin A.M., Cherkashin A.S. Programmnyy modeliruyushchiy kompleks dlya avtonomnykh podvodnykh apparatov na baze mnogoprotsessornoy arkhitektury [A software simulation system for Autonomous underwater vehicles on the basis of the multi-processor architecture], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater researches and robotics], 2015, No. 1 (19), pp. 23-32.
14. Pavin A., Inzartsev A., Eliseenko G. Reconfigurable Distributed Software Platform for a Group of UUVs (Yet Another Robot Platform), Proceedings of the OCEANS’16 Conference. Monterey, USA: MTS/IEEE, September 2016.
15. Bobkov V., Mashentsev V., Tolstonogov A., Scherbatyuk A. Adaptive Method for AUV Navigation Using Stereo Vision, Proceedings of the 26th ISOPE International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference, Rhodes, Greece, June 26-July 2, 2016.
16. Inzartsev A., Pavin A., Kleschev A., Gribova V., Eliseenko G. Application of Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Fault Diagnostics of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, Proceedings of the OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE, Monterey, California, USA, September 19-23, 2016.
17. Rekleitis I., New A.P., Rankin E.S., Choset H. Efficient Boustrophedon Multi-Robot Coverage: an algorithmic approach, Ann Math Artif Intell, 2008. 52: 109. Available at: https://doi.org/ 10.1007/s10472-009-9120-2.
18. Hazon N. Robust and Efficient Multi-Robot Coverage, Gal A. Kaminka's Publications.
Available at: http://u.cs.biu.ac.il/~galk/Publications/Papers/noam-msc.pdf. 2005.
19. Jung Y.-S., Lee K.-W., Lee B.-H. Recent Advances in Multi Robot Systems, I-Tech Education and Publishing, 2008, pp. 69-100. Available at: https://www.intechopen.com/books/ recent_advances_in_multi_robot_systems/advances_in_sea_coverage_methods_using_autonomous_underwater_vehicles__auvs_.
20. Galceran E., Carreras M. A survey on coverage path planning for robotics, Elsevier B.V.
– December 2013, Vol. 61, Issue 12, pp. 1258-1276. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.robot.2013.09.004.
21. Choset H. Coverage for robotics – A survey of recent results, Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, October 2001, Vol. 31, pp. 113-126. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1023/ A:1016639210559.
22. Atkar P.N., Conner D.C., Greenfield A., Choset H., Rizzi A.A. Hierarchical Segmentation of Piecewise Pseudoextruded Surfaces for Uniform Coverage, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, March 2008, Vol. 6, pp. 107-120.
23. Acar E. U., Choset H., A. Rizzi A., Atkar P. N., Hull D.. Morse Decompositions for Coverage Tasks, I. J. Robotics Res., 2002, Vol. 21, pp. 331-344.