|Article title||CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF AUTONOMOUS UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLE WITH A TOWED MAGNETOMETER|
|Authors||V. V. Kostenko, I. G. Mokeeva, A. Yu. Tolstonogov|
|Section||SECTION II. SYSTEMS OF CONTROL AND MODELING|
|Month, Year||01, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Traditionally, bottom magnetic surveying is performed during towing the magnetometer by the ship with considerable length of the communication cable. This method is high costed and has significant limitations due to risks of equipment loss at adverse weather conditions. At the same time, the magnetic field created by on-board equipments excludes possibility of installing a precision magnetometer in an underwater vehicle. To achieve the maximum accuracy of the magnetic survey, it is required to tow the measuring equipment at some distance from the vehicle, depending on its length. The article shows study results of effect of the towed magnetometer on the motion parameters of an autonomous uninhabited underwater vehicle. The method developed by the authors for calculating the force effect of towed equipment on a vehicle in cruising and maneuvering modes along standard trajectories is presented. The mathematical model of disturbances by towing of a magnetometer is determined. This model is based on an analytical representation of simulation results of stationary modes of motion. The structure of vehicle motion controller proposed in the article allowsto effectively compensate perturbations from a towed equipment. The motion modelling results of an underwater vehicle with a towed magnetometer is proposed. The usefulness of the method obtained in the work was confirmed during the performance of a marine magnetic survey of the area of the submarine fiber-optic transmission line in the Sea of Okhotsk.|
|Keywords||Magnetic survey; autonomous unmanned underwater vehicle; towed magnetometer; compensation of disturbances; motion controllers; propulsion system.|
|References||1. Bovio E Cecchi D., Baralli F. Autonomous Underwater Vehicles for scientific and Naval Operations, Annual Reviews in Controlб 2006б Vol. 30, Issue 2.
2. Nicholson J.W., Healey A.J. The Present State of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Applications and Technologies.
3. Ryan P. Mine Countermeasures a Success, United States Naval Institute Proceedings. May 2003, Vol. 129, issue 5, pp. 52.
4. An E., Dhanak M.R., Shay L.K., Smith S. and Van Leer J. Coastal oceanography using an AUV, JTECH, Vol 18 (2), pp. 215-234.
5. Dhanak M.R., An E., Holappa K. An AUV survey in the littoral zone: small-scale subsurface variability accompanying synoptic observations of surface currents, IEEE J. Oceanic Eng., 2001, Vol. 26 (4).
6. Vaganay et al. Ship Hull Inspection with the HAUV: US Navy and NATO Demonstration Results, Oceans 2006 Proceedings, 2006, pp. 1-6.
7. Bingham, D., Drake, T., Hill, A., Lott, R. The Application of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Technology in the Oil Industry – Vision and Experiences, FIG XXII International Congress, Washington D.C., April, 2002.
8. Armstrong B., et al. Field measurement of surface ship magnetic signature using multiple AUVs’ OCEANS 2009, MTS/IEEE Biloxi, MS, Oct., 2009.
9. Dhanak M., An E., Couson R., Frankenfield J., K. von Ellenrieder and Venezia W. Magnetic field surveys of coastal waters using an AUV-towed magnetometer, 2013 OCEANS - San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2013. pp. 1-4.
10. Garry Kozak. Small AUV with Side-Scan Sonar/PDBS Bathymetric and Magnetometer Payloads Prove Capable in Littoral Zone, Ocean News & Technology, July 2013, pp. 16-17.
11. Меркин Д.Р. Введение в механику гибкой нити. – М.: Наука. 1980. – 240 с.
12. Kostenko V.V., Mokeeva I.G. Choise of ROV’s thruster set power according to footprint’s radius on steady motion, Proceeding “Ocean-94” Conf. Brest, France, 1994, Vol. 2, pp. 34-37.
13. Kostenko V.V., Mokeeva I.G. Issledovanie vliyaniya kabelya svyazi na manevrennost' te-leupravlyaemogo podvodnogo apparata [Research of the cable influence on ROV’s maneuverability], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater Investigation and Robotics], 2009, No. 1 (7), pp. 22-27.
14. Kostenko V.V., Lvov O.Yu. Combined systems of communication and navigation for autonomous underwater robot equipped with a float towed unit, Underwater Investigation and Robotics, 2017, No. 1 (23), pp. 31-43.
15. Pantov E.N. i dr. Osnovy teorii dvizheniya podvodnykh apparatov [Fundamentals of the theory of motion of underwater vehicles]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1973.
16. Zhengping Feng, Robert Allen, Composite control of a tethered underwater flight vehicle, IFAC Proceedings Volumes, 2004, Vol. 37, Issue 10, pp. 309-314.
17. Gayvoronskiy S.A., Ezangina T. and Khozhaev I. Mathematical model of the control system of a tethered descent underwater vehicle, 2016 12th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), Guilin, 2016, pp. 1257-1262. Doi: 10.1109/WCICA.2016.7578654.
18. Gayvoronskiy S.A., Ezangina T. and Khozhaev I. Analysis and synthesis of dual mode control system of a tethered descent undersea vehicles, OCEANS 2016 – Shanghai, Shanghai, 2016, pp. 1-8. Doi: 10.1109/OCEANSAP.2016.7485341.
19. Kostenko V.V., Mokeeva I.G., Tolstonogov A.Yu. Osobennosti upravleniya dvizheniem ANPA s buksiruemym oborudovaniem [Features of AUV traffic control with towed equipment], Materialy 7-y nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Tekhnicheskie problemy osvoeniya mirovogo okeana», Vladivostok, 2–6 oktyabrya 2017 [Materials of the 6th scientific-technical conference "Technical problems of world ocean exploration", Vladivostok, October 2 – October 6, 2017], pp. 361-366.
20. Mikhaylov D.N., Senin R.N., Dubrovin F.S., Boreyko A.A., Styrkul R.I., Khramov O.A. Primenenie avtonomnogo neobitaemogo podvodnogo apparata dlya gidrograficheskikh issledovaniy v Okhotskom more [Autonomous underwater vehicle application for hydrographic research in the sea of Okhotsk], Podvodnye issledovaniya i robototekhnika [Underwater Investigation and Robotics], 2017, No. 2 (24), pp. 4-13