|Article title||PROPULSORS OF MARINE ROBOTS: FEATURES OF DESIGN AND OPERATION CONTROL|
|Authors||V. O. Borusevich, A. Yu. Yakovlev|
|Section||SECTION III. SYSTEMS OF ENERGETICS, HOMING AND SENSOR EQUIPMENT|
|Month, Year||01, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Propulsors are an integral part of marine robots (MR), and their characteristics determine control algorithms of MR. The paper analyzes the features of marine robot propulsors, assesses the relevance of their use for various tasks. The propulsors with open and ducted propellers and bow thruster were investigated. The analysis of propulsors efficiency has been presented in the paper at different operating modes, including in the flow inclination. It has been showed that modern methods of propulsor design and optimization allow to greatly improve the propulsor in comparison with the ordinary propulsors of MR. For example application of optimized propulsors may get 1.5 times higher thrust on the bollard pool mode. Additional increasing of thrust and efficiency may be realized by means of energy saving devices. A few types of energy saving devices for the bow thruster have been matched. There presented stator blades rows, coaxial propellers and rim driver. For instance an application of rim driver leads to the thrust increase of about 17% in the case study. The issues of engine and propulsor interaction and noise of propulsors have been investigated separately. The propulsor – engine interaction has been investigated for two modes of engine performance: in case of a constant capacity or a constant torque on the shaft when changed is the number of revolutions. It has been demonstrated the deviation of propulsor mode from the planned one may lead to mismatch of propulsor and engine. It may results in serious thrust reduction. It is concluded that it is necessary to design propulsors of MR by modern methodology and advisable to develop the collection of propellers with different power for use on MR.|
|Keywords||Propulsors; marine robots; design; optimization; marine propellers; ducted propellers; rim driver; energy saving devices; engine.|
|References||1. Dmitriev A.N. Proektirovanie podvodnykh apparatov [Design of underwater vehicles]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1978, 235 p.
2. Bozhenov Yu.A., Borkov A.P., Gavrilov V.I. i dr. Samokhodnye neobitaemye podvodnye apparaty [self-propelled uninhabited underwater vehicles], ed. by I.B. Ikonnikova. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1986, 254 p.
3. Yakovlev A.Yu., Marinich N.V., Shevtsov S.P. Napravleniya i sposoby gidrodinamicheskogo sovershenstvovaniya dvizhitel'nykh kompleksov podvodnykh apparatov i robotov [Directions and methods of hydrodynamic improvement of propulsion systems of underwater vehicles and robots], Materialy XV Vserossiyskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Sovremennye metody i sredstva okeanologicheskikh issledovaniy" (MSOI-2017). Moskva 16-18 maya 2017 g. [Proceedings of MSOI-2017, Мoscow - 16-18 may 2017], pp. 202-205.
4. Borusevich V.O., Yakovlev A.Yu. Perspektivy primeneniya opyta proektirovaniya sudovykh dvizhiteley dlya zadach morskoy robototekhniki [Experience application prospects of designing marine propellers to the marine robotics tasks], International Conference on Marine Robotics in Ocean Exploration, MarineRobotics2017, October 9-11 – Saint-Petersburg – Russia.
5. Bocharov L.Yu. Kharakteristika zarubezhnykh tekhnologiy sozdaniya kol'tsevykh elektro-dvigateley-dvizhiteley dlya neobitaemykh podvodnykh apparatov i korabley [A characteristic of foreign technologies, the creation of a ring motors-propulsion for unmanned underwater vehicles and ships], Fundamental'naya i prikladnaya gidrofizika [Fundamental and applied hydrophysics], 2014, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 86-90.
6. Artyushkov L.S., Achkinadze A.Sh., Rusetskiy A.A. Sudovye dvizhiteli [Ship propulsors]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1988, 245 p.
7. Alexey Yu. Yakovlev, Anna G. Lobova, Nikolay Vl. Marinich, The Method of flowing surface optimization based on BEM calculation and its practical application, 10th International Conference on Hydrodynamics ICHD’2012, St. Petersburg – Russia. October 1-4 2012, pp. 25-32.
8. Yakovlev A.Yu., Calculation of propulsion pod characteristics in off-design operating conditions, Proceedings of the First international symposium on marine propulsors. SMP’09, Royal Garden Hotel – Trondheim – Norway - 22–24 June 2009.
9. Palmer A., Hearn G.E., Stevenson P. Experimental Testing of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle with Tunnel Thrusters, Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Marine Propulsors SMP’09, Trondheim – Norway - June 2009.
10. Afremov A.Sh., Martirosov G.G., Nemzer A.I., Rusetskiy A.A., Sergeev V.V., Shevtsov S.P., Yakovlev A.Yu. Sredstva aktivnogo upravleniya sudami: monografiya [Azimuth thrusters], superv. ed A.A. Rusetskogo. Saint Petersburg: FGUP "Krylovskiy gosudarstvennyy nauchnyy tsentr", 2016, 182 p.
11. Shevtsov S.P. Issledovanie gidrodinamicheskikh kharakteristik podrulivayushchego ustroystva tipa «vint v trube». Utochnenie metodiki proektirovaniya etikh ustroystv, vklyuchaya ustanovki bol'shoy moshchnosti: Avtoref. diss. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Investigation of hydrodynamic characteristics of the thruster type "screw in the pipe". Clarification of the design methods of these devices, including high-power plants. autoabstract cand. of eng. sc. diss.]. Saint Petersburg, 2014.
12. Brusilovskiy I.V. Aerodinamicheskiy raschet osevykh kompressorov [Aerodynamic calculation of axial compressors]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986, 288 p.
13. Yakovlev A.Yu., Sokolov M.A., Marinich N.V. Chislennoe proektirovanie i eksperimental'naya proverka podrulivayushchego ustroystva s kol'tsevym privodom [Numerical design and experimental verification of bow-thruster with rim-driver], Trudy Krylovskogo gosudarstvennogo nauchnogo tsentra [KSRC Transactions], 2013, Vol. 73 (357), pp. 17-32.
14. Bushkovskiy V.A., Yakovlev A.Yu., Marinich N.V. Vodometnyy dvigatel'no-dvizhitel'nyy kompleks. Patent na izobretenie №2585207. Prioritet ot 22.12.14. Data registratsii 29.04.16 [Water-jet propulsion system. Patent of Russian Federation №2585207. Priority 22.12.14. Registration date 29.04.16].
15. Spravochnik po teorii korablya [Handbook on ship theory], ed. by Ya.I. Voytkunskogo. In 3 vol. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1985.
16. Levkovskiy Yu.L. Shum grebnykh vintov [Noise of marine propellers]. Saint Petersburg: FGUP «TsNII im. akad. A.N. Krylova», 2005.
17. Borusevich V.О., Pustoshny А.V., Bushkovsky V.А., Yakovlev А.Yu. Capabilities of analytical/experimental investigations and prediction of propeller acoustic performance, Proceedings NSN'2015, July 2 - 3 2015 - St.-Petersburg – Russia, pp. 65-74.
18. Moukhin A.B., Borusevich V.О., Yakovlev А.Yu. Design of high-skew (asymmetric) propellers, Proceedings of NSN'2017, St.-Petersburg - 29-30 June 2017.
19. Yakovlev A.Yu., Kolosova E.A., Sof'ina L.Yu. Chislennoe issledovanie gidrodinamicheskikh kharakteristik dvizhiteley, obuslovlennykh manevrirovaniem sudna v usloviyakh vozdeystviya prirodnykh faktorov [Numerical investigation of the hydrodynamic characteristics of the propeller caused by the vessel is maneuvering in the conditions of influence of natural factors], International Conference on Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering NAOE 2016, Saint Petersburg 6-8 June 2016 year.
20. Vel'tishchev V.V. Analiz vliyaniya skoshennogo potoka na rabochie kharakteristiki dvizhiteley neobitaemykh podvodnykh apparatov [Analysis of the effect of the inclined flow on the performance of uninhabited underwater vehicles propellers], Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. «Mashinostroenie» [Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Series Mechanical Engineering], 2010, pp. 97-106.
21. Poltavets P.A., Kaprantsev S.V., Chicherin I.A., Andreev V.A. Rezul'taty ispytaniy maketa vinto-rulevoy kolonki pri razlichnykh uglakh ee povorota [The model test results of the podded propulsor at various angles of its rotation], Trudy Krylovskogo go-sudarstvennogo nauchnogo tsentra [KSRC Transactions], 2015, Vol. 90 (374), pp. 103-108.