|Article title||ROBOT SERVOSILA ENGINEER: DEVELOPMENT OF VIDEO STREAMING SERVER AND CONTROL SYSTEM GUI FOR ROS FRAMEWORK|
|Authors||R. O. Lavrenov, I. A. Mavrin, R. N. Safin, E. A. Magid|
|Section||SECTION V. MACHINE VISION|
|Month, Year||01, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||This paper presents the development of software for control and video streaming from the cameras of Russian crawler robot Servosila Engineer. The technical characteristics of the robot, the characteristics of its operating system, the built-in API and software of the robot, a data protocol for controlling the robot and its telemetry are presented in the article. A user can control the robot without using the joystick with the developed software. The developed software consists of a remote control library and a graphical user interface (GUI) for the robot control. This library supports work with robot operating system ROS. The paper describes the developed software modules and their interactions and describes in detail the architecture of the remote control library. For correct control of the robot from the ROS framework, commands for controlling the robot should be submitted to the SI system. There are a series of experiments of calculating the transformation parameters of the linear and angular velocities. ROS-program allows you to remotely use the robot, which is planned to be used in the autonomous route-planning mode of the robot and its use in tasks of autonomous simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM). ROS package was created that allows to independently capture video from 4 different cameras of the robot. The configuration and acquisition of the initial data from the cameras is carried out using V4L2 (Video for Linux 2) library. The method of projecting device buffers into application memory increased performance by eliminating unnecessary copying. Created package is compared with an existing package based on OpenCV. The created package works with various image formats and does not depend on OpenCV. Based on the results of experimental comparisons of software libraries under different operating conditions, conclusions are drawn about a significant reduction in CPU load when using the developed package.|
|Keywords||Software, video streaming; V4L2; ROS; OpenCV; mobile robot; crawler robot; API.|
|References||1. Budkov V.Y., Prischepa M.V., Ronzhin A.L., and Karpov A.A. Multimodal human-robot interaction, In Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops, Int. Congress Ultra Modern Telecommunications, 2010б зз. 485-488.
2. Birk A., Schwertfeger S., and Pathak K. A networking framework for teleoperation in safety, security, and rescue roboticsб IEEE Wireless Communications. 16.1, 2009: 6-13.
3. Yakovlev K., Khithov V., Loginov M., and Petrov A. Distributed Control and Navigation System for Quadrotor UAVs in GPS-Denied Environments, IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Systems, Springer Int. Publishing, 2015: 49-56.
4. Buyva A., Afanasyev I., and Magid E. Comparative analysis of ROS-based Monocular SLAM methods for indoor navigation, Ninth International Conference on Machine Vision. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2017), pp. 103411K-103411K-6.
5. Li B., Ma S., Liu T., and Liu J. Cooperative negotiation and control strategy of a shape-shifting robot, IEEE Int. Symp. on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics, 2008: 53-57.
6. Michael N., Shen S., Mohta K., Mulgaonkar Y., Kumar V., Nagatani K., Okada Y., Kiribayashi S., Otake K., Yoshiba K., Ohno K., Takeuchi E., and Tadokoro S. Collaborative mapping of an earthquake‐damaged building via ground and aerial robots, Journal of Field Robotics, 2012: 832-841.
7. Sokolov M., Lavrenov R., Gabdullin A., Afanasyev I., and Magid E. 3D modelling and simulation of a crawler robot in ROS/Gazebo, Int. Conf. on Control, Mechatronics and Automation, 2016: 61-65.
8. Alishev N., Lavrenov R., and Gerasimov Y. Russian mobile robot Servosila Engineer: designing an optimal integration of an extra laser range finder for SLAM purposes, Int. Conf. on Artificial Life and Robotics, 2018: 204-207.
9. Qt framework, https://www.qt.io/.
10. Magid E., Tsubouchi T., Koyanagi E., and Yoshida T. Static Balance for Rescue Robot Navigation: Losing Balance on Purpose within Random Step Environment, Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2010: 349-356.
11. Karpov A., Carbini S., Ronzhin A., and Viallet J. Two similar different speech and gestures multimodal interfaces. Multimodal User Interfaces. Berlin, Heidelberg, 2008, pp. 155-184.
12. Lukin A. and Kubasov D. High-quality algorithm for Bayer pattern interpolation, Programming and Computer Software 30.6 (2004), pp. 347-358.
13. Magid E., Lavrenov R., and Khasianov A. Modified spline-based path planning for autonomous ground vehicle. Int. Conf. on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (Madrid, Spain, 2017). – P. 132-141.
14. GitHub video_stream_opencv ROS package: https://github.com/ros-drivers/video_stream_opencv.
15. Fuentes-Pacheco J., Ruiz-Ascencio J., and Rendón-Mancha J.M. Visual simultaneous localization and mapping: a survey, Artificial Intelligence Review, 2015, Vol. 43 (1), pp. 55-81.
16. ROS paket odnovremennogo potokovogo video zakhvata s mobil'nogo robota [ROS package simultaneous streaming video capture from mobile robot]. Available at: https://github.com/chupakabra1996/lirs_ros_video_streaming.
17. V4L2; https://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/uapi/v4l/v4l2.html.
18. Yinli L., Hongli Y., and Pengpeng Zh.. The implementation of embedded image acquisition based on V4L2. In Electronics, Communications and Control (ICECC), International Conference on IEEE, 2011, pp. 549-552.
19. Sokolov M., Lavrenov R., Gabdullin A., Afanasyev I., and Magid E. (2016, December). 3D modelling and simulation of a crawler robot in ROS/Gazebo, In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 61-65.
20. Ohno K., Morimura S., Tadokoro S., Koyanagi E., & Yoshida T. (2007, October). Semi-autonomous control system of rescue crawler robot having flippers for getting over unknown-steps, In Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2007. IROS 2007, pp. 3012-3018.