|Article title||ANALYSIS OF PARASITIC CAPACITANCE EFFECT IN A DRIVE-MODE OF MICROELECTROMECHANICAL GYROSCOPE|
|Authors||Lo Van Hao, T.G. Nesterenko|
|Section||SECTION I. ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Index UDC||621.3.049.77: 53.087.92|
|Abstract||The most effective method for the identification of the dynamic characteristics of the resonant structure of a microelectromechanical gyroscope (MMG) is the experimental determination of its frequency characteristics in two modes: a drive-mode and a sense-mode. In a drive-mode, resonant mechanical structure gyro is driven electrostatic force by applying a harmonic signal to the excitation electrodes by the method of frequency sweeping and output is determined by information capacitive response. However, the output signal is usually distorted by the passage of the excitation signal to the information signal through parasitic electrical components that parallel to the ideal structure of the electromechanical resonator. Because of this, an accurate estimate of the parameters of the dynamic system MMG is difficult. In this case there is a resonance frequency. The most actual task is to search for the parameters of parasitic components and method to reduce their negative effects, which affects the characteristics of the MMG. This article presents the internal design, theoretical analysis and results in the experiment with MMG. The main influence on the dynamic characteristic of the MMG is parasitic capacitance. Based on the mathematical model of the movable structure of MMG, a comprehensive theoretical analysis has been carried out, as a result of which two methods have been derived that allow reducing the influence of parasitic capacitance. The first method is realized by increasing the supplied DC voltage. And the second method is to increase the quality factor. The effectiveness of the first method is confirmed by practical tests. The parasitic capacitance value, equal to 0.16 pF, was determined from the test results. The phenomenon of displacement of the resonance frequency was also discovered and clarified in the work with the use of two proposed methods.|
|Keywords||Microelectromechanical gyroscope; drive-mode; sense-mode; silicon electromechanical resonator; movable mass; vibration drive; current of motion; transimpedance amplifier.|
|References||1. Zhigal'skiy A.A. Proektirovanie i konstruirovanie mikroskhem: ucheb. posobie [Design and construction of microcircuits: Textbook]. Tomsk: TUSUR, 2007, 195 p.
2. Cenk Acar, Andrei M.S. MEMS vibratory gyroscopes structural approaches to improve robustness, MEMS Reference Shelf. Library of Congress Control Number: 2008932165, 2009, 262 p.
3. Barbin E.S. Dinamika mnogokomponentnogo mikromekhanicheskogo giroskopa-akselerometra s razvyazyvayushchimi ramkami: dis. … kand. tekh. nauk [Dynamics of a multicomponent micromechanical gyroscope-accelerometer with decoupling frames: cand. of eng. sc. diss.]. Tomsk, 2016,
4. Dong Lili and Avanesian David. Drive-Mode Control for Vibrational MEMS Gyroscopes, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Faculty Publications, 2009, Vol. 102, 9 p.
5. Nesterenko T.G., Lysova O.M., Koleda A.N., Barbin E.S., Kolchuzhin V.A. Integral'nyy mikromekhanicheskiy giroskop [Integral micromechanical gyroscope]. Patent RF No. 2503924 MPK G01C19/5712. Declared 30.05.2012; Opubl. 10.01.2014.
6. Konoplev B.G., Lysenko I.E. Integral'nyy mikromekhanicheskiy giroskop-akselerometr [Integral micromechanical gyro-accelerometer]. Patent RF 2477863. Declared 10.10.2011; Published. 20.03.2013, Bull. No.16.
7. Cenk Acar and Andrei M.S. Structurally decoupled micromachined gyroscopes with post-release capacitance enhancement, J. Micromech. Microeng, 2005, Vol. 15, pp. 1092-1101.
8. Lysenko I.E. Metod proektirovaniya mikromekhanicheskikh sensorov uglovykh skorostey i lineynykh uskoreniy LL-tipa [The method of designing micromechanical sensors for angular velocities and linear accelerations of the LL type], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 1, pp. 117-123.
9. Huan-ming Wu,• Tao Yin, Ji-wei Jiao and Hai-gang Yang. Analysis of parasitic feed-through capacitance effect in closed-loop drive circuit design for capacitive micro-gyroscope, Microsystem Technologies, 2015, Vol. 22, 7 p.
10. Changhong Guan. Development of a Closed-loop MEMS Capacitive Force Sensor: a thesis submitted to the Graduate Faculty Mechanical Engineering. Raleigh, North Carolina, 2009, 90 p.
11. Cui J., Guo Z.Y., Yang Z.C., Hao Y.L. and Yan G.Z. Electrical coupling suppression and transient response improvement for a microgyroscope using ascending frequency drive with a
2-DOF PID controller, J. Micromech. Microeng, 2011, Vol. 21, pp. 1-11.
12. Lysenko I.E. Proektirovanie sensornykh i aktyuatornykh elementov mikrosistemnoy tekhniki: ucheb. posobie [Designing sensory and actuating elements of microsystem technology: Textbook]. Taganrog: Izd-vo TRTU, 2005, 103 c.
13. Mikko Saukoski. System and circuit design for a capacitive MEMS gyroscope: dis. Doctoral, Tech. Science, 2008, pp. 68-73.
14. Raspopov V.Ya. Mikromekhanicheskie pribory [Micromechanical devices]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2007, 400 p.
15. Alexander A.T and Andrei M.S. Capacitive detection in resonant MEMS with arbitrary amplitude of motion, J. Micromech. Microeng, 2007, Vol. 17, pp. 1583-1592.
16. Karthik Kadirvel. Development of closed-loop interface circuits for capacitive transducers with application to a MEMS capacitive microphone: dis. cand. tech. science. F., 2007, pp. 26-31.
17. Burak Eminoglu. Control electronics for MEMS gyroscopes and its implementation in a CMOS technology: a thesis submitted to the Graduate school of natural and applied sciences of Middle East technical university, 2011, 146 p.
18. Erdinc Tatar. Quadrature error compensation and its effects on the performance of fully decoupled MEMS gyroscopes: a thesis submitted to the Graduate school of natural and applied sciences of Middle East technical university, 2010, 169 p.
19. Dubkov A.A., Agudov N.V. Preobrazovanie Laplasa: ucheb.-metod. Pos. [Transformation of Laplace: Teaching-methodical manual]. Nizhniy Novgorod: Nizhegorodskiy gosuniversitet, 2016, 36 p.
20. James Karki. Effect of Parasitic Capacitance in Op Amp Circuits. Texas Instruments: Application Report SLOA013A, September 2000, 26 p.
21. Jonathan Pearson. Compensating Current Feedback Amplifiers in Photocurrent Applications, A nalog Dialogue, 2013, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 3-6.
22. Feshchenko V.N. Spravochnik konstruktora. Kniga 1. Mashiny i mekhanizm: ucheb.-prak. pos. [Reference Designer. Book 1. Machines and mechanisms: Textbook]. Мoscow: Infra-Inzheneriya, 2016, 400 p.