|Article title||FORMATION OF NANOSCALE STRUCTURES OF GALLIUM ARSENIDE BY LOCAL ANODIC OXIDATION AND PLASMA-CHEMICAL ETCHING|
|Authors||V. S. Klimin|
|Section||SECTION I. ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The main goal of the work was to study the modes of processing and profiling structures based on gallium arsenide by a combination of local anodic oxidation methods and the combined plasma chemical etching method taking into account the formation voltage of the oxide masking layer and the etching time. In this paper, a combination of local anodic oxidation and plasma-chemical etching was used to treat near-surface structures based on gallium arsenide. Local anodic oxidation was carried out by means of scanning probe microscopy using a silicon probe. Plasma chemical treatment was carried out in a discharge by a combined plasma using two types of capacitive and inductively coupled discharge. This technology allows you to combine the advantages of two types of categories. The high concentration of electrons and ions provides a high etching rate, and the capacitive discharge allows the ions to be guided along the field and directed perpendicular to the substrate to be treated, allows to reduce energy costs for production, and also to increase the yield of suitable products, which leads to a reduction in the cost of devices based on this technology. Eliminating the operations associated with liquid lithography reduces the relative toxicity of processes. Local anodic oxidation was used to obtain an oxide layer of thickness 6.6 ± 0.2 nm, which serves as a masking coating for subsequent plasma chemical etching. The surface roughness after removal of the oxide layer was 0.51 ± 0.09 nm. The application of a combined plasma discharge for nano sized profiling with the use of two types of discharge - capacitive and inductively coupled, which allows combining the advantages of both types of discharges is considered. A high concentration of electrons and ions ensures a high etching rate, and a capacitive discharge allows you to orient the ions obtained along the field and direct them perpendicular to the surface being treated. The influence of etching modes on surface morphology and parameters of nanoscale structures is studied. Dependences of the height of oxide structures on the formation stress and the thickness of the oxide layer are obtained.|
|Keywords||Nanotechnology; atomic force microscopy; gallium arsenide; nanostructures; local anodic oxidation; plasma chemical etching; nanomaterials; planar technology, low-temperature plasma.|
|References||1. Ageev O.A., Fedotov A.A., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S. Poluchenie nanorazmernykh struktur i materialov na osnove notekhnologicheskogo kompleksa NANOFAB NTK-9 [Obtaining nanoscale structures and materials based on notechnologies complex NANOFAB NTK-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2008, No. 1 (78), pp. 203.
2. Ageev O.A., Syurik Yu.V., Klimin V.S., Fedotov A.A. Poluchenie nanokompozitnykh po-limernykh materialov, modifitsirovannykh uglerodnymi nanostrukturami, na osnove NANOFAB NTK-9 [Production of nanocompound polymeric materials based on multifunctional modular nanotechnologycal platform NANOFAB NTK-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 1 (90), pp. 135-142.
3. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Kolomiytsev A.S., Fedotov A.A. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya i modifikatsii orientirovannykh massivov uglerodnykh nanotrubok metodom PECVD na nanotekhnologicheskom komplekse NANOFAB NTK-9 [Research modes of the formation and modification oriented arrays of carbon nanotubes by pecvd on nanotechnological complex NANOFAB NTK-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 69-77.
4. Ageev O.A., Alyab'eva N.I., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Fedotov A.A., Polyakov V.V. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya kataliticheskikh tsentrov dlya vyrashchivaniya orientirovannykh massivov uglerodnykh nanotrubok [The study of the modes of formation of catalytic centers for growing oriented arrays of carbon nanotubes], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University News. North-Caucasian Region. Technical Sciences Series], 2009, pp. 159.
5. Ageev O.A., Zolotarev D.V., Klimin V.S., Cherednichenko D.I. Izuchenie zakonomernostey rosta uglerodnykh nanotrubok pri plazmenno-khimicheskom osazhdenii iz gazovoy fazy [Study of regularities of growth of carbon nanotubes by plasma-chemical deposition from the gas phase], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 61-68.
6. Klimin V.S., Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Fedotov A.A. Issledovanie rezhimov polucheniya kataliticheskikh struktur iz plenki Ni dlya vyrashchivaniya uglerodnykh nanotrubok [The study of modes of obtaining the catalytic structures of the film Ni for growing carbon nanotubes], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 222-225.
7. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Mikhaylichenko A.V., Smirnov V.A., Ptashnik V.V., Solodovnik M.S., Fedotov A.A., Zamburg E.G., Klimin V.S., Il'in O.I., Gromov A.L., Rukomoykin A.V. Poluchenie nanorazmernykh struktur na osnove nanotekhnologicheskogo kompleksa NANOFAB NTK-9 [Obtaining nanoscale structures on the basis of nanotechnological complex NANOFAB NTK-9], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 1 (114), pp. 109-116.
8. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Klimin V.S., Konoplev B.G., Fedotov A.A. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya kataliticheskikh tsentrov dlya vyrashchivaniya orientirovannykh massivov uglerodnykh nanotrubok metodom PECVD [Study of the modes of formation of catalytic centers for the cultivation of oriented arrays of carbon nanotubes by PECVD], Khimicheskaya fizika i mezoskopiya [Chemical physics and mesoscopy], 2011, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 226-231.
9. Lim W.T., Baek I.G., Jung P.G., et al. Investigation of GaAs dry etching in a planar inductively coupled BCl3 plasma, J Electrochem Soc., 2004; 151:G163-G166.
10. Smirnov V.A. Zondovye nanotekhnologii elementov rezistivnoy pamyati na osnove memristornykh struktur [Probe nanotechnology of elements of resistive memory based on memristor structures], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2017, No. 4 (189), pp. 158-169.
11. Pearton SJ., Abernathy CR., Ren F., et al. Dry and wet etching characteristics of InN, AlN and GaN deposited by ECR metalorganic MBE, J Vac Sci Technol A, 1993; 11: 1772-5.
12. Braga N., Mickevicius R., Gaska R., et al. Simulation of gate lag and current collapse in GaN FET, Appl Phys Lett, 2004; 85: 4780-2.
13. Klimin V.S., Es'kov A.V., Petrov N.N. Issledovanie vliyaniya rezhimov plazmokhimicheskogo travleniya poverkhnosti arsenida galliya v plazme BCl3\Ar\SF6 [Research of influence of modes of plasma-chemical etching of the surface of the gallium arsenide in the plasma of a BCl3\Ar\SF6], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2015, No. 9 (170), pp. 6-14.
14. Ageev O.A., Klimin V.S., Solodovnik M.S., Eskov A.V., Krasnoborodko S.Y. The study of influence of the gas flow rate to etched layer thickness, and roughness of the anisotropy field of gallium arsenide is etched in the plasma chemical etching process, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, Vol. 741, No. 1, pp. 012178.
15. Klimin V.S., Solodovnik M.S., Smirnov V.A., Eskov A.V., Tominov R.V., Ageev O.A. A study of the vertical walls and the surface roughness GaAs after the operation in the combined plasma etching, Proceedings of SPIE – The International Society for Optical Engineering Ser. "International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016" 2016, pp. 102241Z.
16. Klimin V.S. Issledovanie vliyaniya rezhimov profilirovaniya poverkhnosti struktur na osnove arsenida galliya metodom plazmokhimicheskogo travleniya s uchetom potoka khlor-soderzhashchego gaza [Research of influence of modes of surface profiling of structures based on gallium arsenide by plasma etching with consideration of the flow of the chlorine-containing gas], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2017, No. 4 (189), pp. 169-178.
17. Tominov R.V., Bespoludin V.V., Klimin V.S., Smirnov V. A. and Ageev O.A. Profiling of nanostructures by scratching probe nanolithography and plasma chemical etching, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2017, Vol. 256, pp. 012023.
18. Klimin V.S., Tominov R.V., Eskov A.V., Krasnoborodko S.Y. and Ageev O.A. The influence of the chemical and physical component of the plasma etching of the surface of gallium arsenide on the etching rate in the chloride plasma of the combined discharge, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2017, Vol. 917, pp. 092005.
19. Ageev O.A. Solodovnik M.S., Smirnov V.A. i dr. Issledovanie rezhimov formirovaniya oksidnykh nanorazmernykh struktur arsenida galliya metodom lokal'nogo anodnogo okisleniya [Study of modes of formation of oxide nanoscale structures of gallium arsenide by local anodic oxidation], Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika [Proceedings of Universities. Electronics], 2012, No. 2 (94), pp. 43-50.
20. Ageev O.A., Solodovnik M.S., et al. Effect of GaAs native oxide upon the surface morphology during GaAs MBE growth, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, Vol. 741, No. 1,