|Article title||DEVELOPMENT OF FREQUENCY CONVERTERS USING DRIFT AND DIFFUSIONAL VOLUME NONLINEARITIES IN THE EXTERNAL POWER ELECTRIC AND MAGNETIC FIELDS CONDITIONS|
|Authors||I. V. Malyshev, E. N. Osadchy, O. A. Goncharova|
|Section||SECTION II. THE DESIGN OF THE CIRCUITRY|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||In this paper we analyze the prospects for taking into account and using the diffusion component of the output current of hot carriers that manifests itself as a nonlinear component under conditions of influencing the volume of AIIIBV semiconductors of high-intensity constant and alternating electric and constant magnetic fields. Based on the phenomenological model representing the drift and warm-up processes in the form of a system of differential equations, taking into account the dependence of the effective mass on energy and Einstein"s ratio for the diffusion coefficient, calculation and analysis of the output conductivity were performed, taking into account various cases of diffusion nonlinearity. The calculated diffusion component of the output conductivity in a number of cases of a combination of the constant and an alternating electric field amplitudes has a significant value in the microwave and EHF ranges comparable with the drift, which indicates the need for its consideration in the design of converter devices and self-excited generators. In addition, the amplitude dependence of the diffusion additive in the output current density has been detected, which can be characterized as a "bulk diffusion detection effect". These properties are possessed by modern semiconductors with multivalley configuration of energy bands.The amplitude dependence of the constant diffusion coefficient of carriers was also revealed. When studying the mutually orthogonal arrangement of the static magnetic field with respect to the electric field, it was found that, due to the Lorentz force, the main electrophysical parameters of the carriers: velocity, energy, effective mass and diffusion coefficient are recorded in the component form, and the transverse component of the drift velocity for strong values of the magnetic field induction B＞4 T, demonstrates the displacement of the beginning of the falling section on the drift (volt-ampere) characteristic in the direction of decreasing (2 times), which indicates the detected new "Gunn effect, controlled by a magnetic field." Thus, the fundamental possibility of creating two-dimensional devices for frequency conversion (autodyne type mixers) has been revealed. A construction of a semiconductor structure sample is proposed for experimental verification of the results obtained and a structural diagram of the experimental setup.|
|Keywords||Diffusion coefficient; drift-diffusion model; Gunn effect; bulk conductance; SHF frequency convertors.|
|References||1. Malyshev I.V., Radchenko A.F., Rozdobud'ko V.B. Rabota diodov Ganna na nerezonansnuyu nagruzku [The work of Gunn diodes on the non-resonant load], Izvestiya VUZov. Radioelektronika [Radioelectronics and Communications Systems], I987, Vol. 30, No. 1,
2. Peter Y.Yu., Manuel Cardona. Fundamentals of semiconductors. Physics and materials properties. Springer, 2010, pp. 793.
3. Malyshev I.V., Fil' K.A., Parshina N.V. Nelineynost' koeffitsiyenta diffuzii goryachikh nositeley v ob"yome poluprovodnika pod deystviem elektricheskogo i magnitnogo poley [Nonlinearity of the hot carrier diffusion coefficient in the semiconductor volume under the action of electric and magnetic fields], Izvestiya VUZov. Fizika [Russian Physics Journal], 2017, No. 6, pp. 3-6.
4. Krotov V.I., Malyshev I.V. Fenomenologicheskaya teoriya diffuzionnykh svoystv nositeley zaryada v sverkhreshotkakh i poluprovodnikakh s proizvol'nym zakonom dispersii [A phenomenological theory of diffusion properties of charge carriers in superlattices and semiconductors with an arbitrary dispersion law], Elektronnaya tekhnika. Ser. 6: Materialy [Elektronnaya Tekhnika. Series 6: Materials], 1984, Issue 1 (186), pp. 42-45.
5. Malyshev V.A. Metod analiza mikrovolnovykh nelineynykh protsessov v ob"yome poluprovodnikov s peremennoy effektivnoy massoy nositeley zaryada v sverkhreshotkakh i v priborakh na ikh osnove [The method of analysis of nonlinear microwave processes in the bulk of semiconductors with a variable effective mass of charge carriers in superlattices and devices on their basis], Izvestiya VUZov. Elektronika [Proceedings of Universities. Electronics], 1999, No. 4, pp. 3-10.
6. Malyshev I.V., Fil K.A., Goncharova A.A. Study of the Frequency and Phase Response of Small-Signal Conductivity of Bulk Semiconductors with Hot Carriers in Direct and Alternating Electric Fields, Materials of 2017 International Conference on Physics and Mechanics of New Materials and Their Applications (PHENMA 2017). Jabalpur. India. 2017, pp. 164-165.
7. Malyshev I.V., Parshina N.V. Uchet vliyaniya diffuzionnoy komponenty toka goryachikh nositeley v vykhodnoy ob"yomnoy provodimosti sovremennykh poluprovodnikovykh struktur [Taking into account the influence of the diffusion component of the current of hot carriers in the output volume conductivity of modern semiconductor structures], Nauchnyy zhurnal KubGAU [Scientific Journal of KubSAU], 2017, No. 134(10), pp. 1-6. Available at: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2017/10/pdf/79.pdf.
8. Malyshev I.V., Fil' K.A., Goncharova O.A. Analiz chastotnykh kharakteristik parametrov ob"yomnoy provodimosti poluprovodnikov tipa AIIIBV v sil'nykh elektricheskikh polyakh [Analysis of the frequency characteristics of the bulk conductivity of semiconductors of type III-V semiconductors in strong electric fields], Nauka i obrazovaniye na rubezhe tysyacheletiya: Sbornik nauchno-issledovatel'skikh rabot [Science and education Millennium: a Collection of research works]. Issue 1. Kislovodsk, 2017, pp. 140-144.
9. Malyshev I.V., Fil' K.A., Osadchiy Ye.N. Sposoby uchota energozavisimosti effektivnoy massy goryachikh nositeley v ob"yome poluprovodnika tipa AIIIBV dlya razlichnykh sluchayev dispersii [Methods of accounting for the energy dependence of the effective mass of hot carriers in the semiconductor volume of AIIIBV type for various cases of dispersion], Inzhenernyy vestnik Dona [Engineering Bulletin of Don], 2017, No. 4. Available at: ivdon.ru/magazine/ archive/n4y2017/4396.
10. Ruch J.G., Kino G.S. Transport properties of GaAs, Phys. Rev., 1968, Vol. 174, No. 3,
11. Malyshev I.V., Osadchiy Ye.N., Fil' K.A. Sposoby upravleniya indutsirovannoy dreyfovoy kharakteristikoy goryachikh nositeley vneshnim magnitnym polem i yego oriyentatsiyey otnositel'no elektricheskogo [Methods for controlling the induced drift characteristic of hot carriers by an external magnetic field and its orientation relative to the electric], Uspekhi sovremennoy nauki [Uspekhi Sovremennye nauki], 2016, No. 12, pp. 26-29.
12. Jian Sun, Jurgen Kosel. Finite element modeling and analysis of Hall effect and extraordinary magnetoresistance effect, INTECH, 2012, pp. 201-224.
13. Massimo V. Fischetti, William G. Vandenberghe Advanced physics of electron transport in semiconductors and nanostructures. Springer, 2016, pp. 481.
14. Malyshev I.V., Fil K.A., Parshina N.V. The Dependence of the Diffusion Coefficient in Semiconductor Materials under the Influence of the External Strong Magnetic and Electric Fields, Materials of 2017 International Conference on Physics and Mechanics of New Materials and Their Applications (PHENMA 2017). Jabalpur. India. 2017, pp. 168-169.
15. Xiaofeng, Zhao, Baozeng Li. Dianzhong Wen Fabrication technology and characterics of a magnetic sensitive transistor with nc-Si:H/c-Si heterojunction, Sensors, 2017, Vol. 212,
No. 17. Doi: 10.3390.
16. Francis S., van Zyl R. Evaluating the microwave performance of a two domain GaN Gunn diode for THz applications,Terahertz Sci. Technol., 2015, Vol. 8, No.. 1, pp. 1941-7411.
17. Malyshev I.V., Rotermel' R.O. Volnovodnyy smesitel' avtodinnogo tipa na dvukhzatvornom polevom tranzistore [Waveguide mixer of autodyne type on dual-gate field-effect transistor], Vestnik nauchnykh konferentsiy [Vestnik nauchnykh konferentsii], 2017, No. 5-4 (21), pp.90-91.
18. Smith W. Development of techniques for magneto-spectroscopy at terahertz frequencies: diss. University of Manchester, 2016.
19. Li B., Alimi Y., Ma G.L. Investigation on multi-frequency oscillations in InGaAs planar Gunn diode with multiple anode-cathode spacings, Solid State Communications, 2016, Vol. 247, pp. 1-5.
20. Rollin J.M. Integrated Subharmonic Planar Schottky Diode Mixers for Submillimetrewave Applications: diss. University of Bath, 2015.