|Article title||NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF HEATING ELEMENT SURFACE WITH THERMAL SOURCE IN THE CONDITIONS OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER|
|Authors||A. V. Paliy, N. N. Chernov|
|Section||SECTION IV. RADIO ENGINEERING AND ACOUSTICS|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Given is the numerical study of the efficiency of heating element surface which is based on the Navier-Stokes and energy transfer equations included in the mathematical part of the automated design system Ansys Fluent solver. The inefficiency of the irregular heating of the pin heating element surface area is investigated. This pin heating element is taken as an example of a typical classical radiator design. The requirement to optimize the radiator heat sink surface is explained. First of all it can be justified by absence of common approach to the problem of materials use inefficiency. Secondly, the increased temperature of electronic products operation is not only the cause of failures, but also significantly worsens their basic parameters. So it is necessary to search and apply various cooling methods and methods that ensure the preservation of parameters in specified norms. As the equipment becomes more complicated, the quantity of used elements and the degree of their integration increase, the heat removal, as well as methods for calculating thermal regimes acquire special significance. The initial data of the computational experiment is presented. At the channel input with a given speed and temperature, an air flow is flowing around the whip heat sink with an internal point source of heat. The velocity of the stream corresponds to the Mach number M << 1. External temperature (including the initial temperature of the radiator) is 22 ° C. The heat transfer coefficient is copper / air 11.3 W / m ^ 2 * C. The power of the source is 5 W. It is required to determine the distribution of the temperature field on the radiator surface in order to identify inefficient areas of the heat sink area. The external environment in the working space is air, considered to be an incompressible weightless viscous heat-conducting fluid. The flow around is symmetric (Ox is the axis of symmetry), the flow regime is laminar. The article contains an introduction to the problem of the equipment thermal regime normalizing, the relevance of the use of modern methods of heat sink and existing radiator designs optimization. The numerical experiment of the pin heating element efficiency is conducted for its further optimization. We can conclude that it is not advisable to use pins on the radiator surface. In this case, most of the heat is taken away by a small part of the radiator surface. An additional negative effect of the pins presence is the occurrence of local dipole and quadrupole components of the field, which cause only the plasma circulation.|
|Keywords||Thermal mode of equipment; numerical solution of differential equations; heat sink; effective surface area of the radiator; heat-loaded source; heat and mass transfer.|
|References||1. Chernyshev A.A., Ivanov V.I. Obespechenie teplovykh rezhimov izdeliy elektronnoy tekhniki [The provision of thermal modes of products of electronic engineering]. Moscow: Energiya, 1980, 212 p.
2. Lutchenkov L.S., Layne V.A. Modelirovanie i analiz teplovykh rezhimov apparatury [Modeling and analysis of thermal modes of equipment]. SPb.: GUT im. prof. M.A. Bonch-Bruevicha, 1995, 355 p.
3. Shelest V.I., Kondrashev A.S. Kontseptual'nyy algoritm teplofizicheskogo proektirovaniya radioelektronnykh sredstv [A conceptual algorithm for thermal design of electronic equipment], Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoy apparature [Technology and designing in electronic equipment], 2003, No. 5, pp. 26-27.
4. Okhrem V.G. Nekotorye modeli statsionarnykh termoelektricheskikh kholodil'nikov [Some models of stationary thermoelectric refrigerators], IFZh [Journal of Engineering Physics], 2001, Vol. 74, No. 5, pp. 127-130.
5. Leont'ev L.P. Vvedenie v teoriyu nadezhnosti radioelektronnoy apparatury [Introduction to the theory of reliability of electronic equipment]. Riga: Izd-vo. AN LSSR, 1963, 373 p.
6. Chernyshev A.A. Osnovy nadezhnosti poluprovodnikovykh priborov i integral'nykh mikroskhem [Fundamentals of reliability of semiconductor devices and integrated circuits]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 1988, 560 p.
7. Kriogennye sistemy [Cryogenic system], ed. by A.M. Arkharova. Vol. 1. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1996, 414 p.
8. Berdichevskiy B.E. Voprosy obespecheniya nadezhnosti radioelektronnoy apparatury pri razrabotke [Issues of ensuring the reliability of electronic equipment in the development of]. Moscow: Sov. Radio, 1976, 277 p.
9. Moiseev V.F., Zaykov V.P. Vliyanie rezhima raboty termoelektricheskogo ustroystva na ego nadezhnost' [Effect of the operation mode of a thermoelectric device on its reliability], Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoy apparature [Technology and design in electronic equipment], 2001, No. 4-5, pp. 30-33.
10. Rotkop L.L., Spokoynyy Yu.E. Obespechenie teplovykh rezhimov pri konstruirovanii radioelektronnoy apparatury [Provision of thermal conditions in the design of electronic equipment]. Moscow: Sov. radio, 1976, 230 p.
11. Dul'nev G.N., Semyashkin E.M. Teploobmen v radioelektronnoy apparature [Heat transfer in electronic equipment]. Leningradskoe otd., «Energiya» 1968, 359 p.
12. Pis'mennyy E.N., Burley V.D. Vliyanie razrezki, povorotov i otgibki reber na teploaerodinamicheskie kharakteristiki poverkhnostey teploobmena [Influence of cutting, turns and edge bending on heat-and-hydrodynamic characteristics of heat exchange surfaces], Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial heat engineering], 2003, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 10-16.
13. Pis'mennyy E.N., Baranyuk A.V. Teplootvodyashchaya poverkhnost' s plastinchato-prosechnym orebreniem pri nizkoskorostnom obduve [Heat-removing surface with plate-cutting fins at low-speed blowing], Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoy apparature [Technology and design in electronic equipment], 2005, No. 4, pp. 43-45.
14. Perepeka V.I. Nekotorye voprosy kontaktnogo teploobmena elementov v REA [Some issues of contact heat exchange elements in the REA], Voprosy radioelektroniki. Seriya TRTO [Problems of electronics. Series TRTO], 1968, No. 2, pp. 43-47.
15. Paliy A.V., Panatov G.S. Temperatura i teploperenos [Temperature and heat transfer]. Taganrog: Izd-vo TTI YuFU, 2009, 132 p.
16. Paliy A.V. Optimizatsiya formy teplootvoda dlya teplonagruzhennogo elementa v usloviyakh teplomassoperenosa vozdukha [Optimization of the shape of the heat sink for the heat-loaded element in the conditions of heat and mass transfer of air], Teplovye protsessy v tekhnike [Thermal processes in engineering], 2015, No. 7, pp. 333-336.
17. Paliy A.V., Zamkov E.T., Serba P.V. Opredelenie tolshchiny pogranichnogo sloya pri obtekanii tela aerodinamicheskim potokom metodom elektrostaticheskoy analogii [Determination of the thickness of the boundary layer in the flow of the body aerodynamic flow by electrostatic analogy], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2012, No. 1 (126), pp. 192-197.
18. Shabarov V.V. Primenenie sistemy ANSYS k resheniyu gidrogazodinamicheskikh zadach [System application ANSYS to solving water and gas flows task]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2006, 108 p.
19. Paliy A.V., Zamkov E.T. Mekhanizm vozniknoveniya treniya i soprotivleniya tela v gazovom potoke [Mechanism of friction and resistance of the body in the gas flow], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2012, No. 1 (126), pp. 186-191.
20. Paliy A.V., Zamkov E.T., Buleyko V.G. Mekhanizm sozdaniya soprotivleniya ploskoy poverkhnosti v gazovom potoke tangentsial'noy sostavlyayushchey skorosti molekuly gaza. [The mechanism of creating the resistance of a flat surface in the gas flow tangential component of the velocity of the gas molecule], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2013, № 1 (138), pp. 197-202.