|Article title||EXPERIENCE OF CREATION AND RESEARCHING RESULTS OF THERMAL SOUND AUTOGENERATION BASED ON THE RIJKE TUBE|
|Authors||A. M. Gavrilov, N. D. Sevastjanov|
|Section||SECTION IV. RADIO ENGINEERING AND ACOUSTICS|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The purpose of work is creation of a working sample of Rijke pipe and research on his basis of thermal autogeneration of sound waves. In article historical aspects, the basic stages of opening and studying of different displays of the unusual physical phenomenon which are taking place on a joint of thermodynamics and acoustics are considered, the urgency of the further researches is marked, features of display and possible practical use thermo-acoustical generation are discussed. Theoretical aspects of occurrence and existence of acoustic fluctuations in the open vertically located pipe are considered. It is shown, that the column of air in a pipe can make one or own several fluctuations representing standing waves, the pipes limited to the ends on which length the integer of half waves is stacked. As the reason of excitation of fluctuations any external sound or movement of air can serve in a pipe, the greatest amplitude basic own fluctuation possesses. On the ends of a pipe units of increments of pressure of a standing sound wave, antinode oscillatory displacement and speed of particles of air are located. Not fading fluctuations are caused by continuous inflow of energy from a heater located inside the bottom part of a pipe. The role of a heater is not reduced only to creation of draft, - progress of air upwards on a pipe. Due to a heater inside Rijke pipe there is a positive acoustic feedback. The structure of self-oscillatory system includes an energy heater, oscillatory system (a column of air in a pipe), specifying frequency of fluctuations and the part of a positive feedback providing periodic during the necessary moments of time receipt of energy from a heater in oscillatory system for indemnification of losses of energy of fluctuations because of friction, radiation, etc. Known theoretical models are checked experimentally up. Dependences of the thermal capacity resulting in generation of a sound, on an arrangement of a heater and frequency of a sound on length of a pipe are investigated. Influence of a lateral aperture on failure of generation is experimentally investigated. The received results are of interest for understanding of features of occurrence and practical use of Rijke effect.|
|Keywords||Rijke effect; thermal autogeneration of sound; standing wave; pipe length; harmonics.|
|References||1. Lependin L.F. Akustika [Acoustics]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1978, 448 p.
2. Krendall I.B. Akustika [Acoustics]. Moscow: KomKniga, 2005, 168 p.
3. Isakovich M.A. Obshchaya akustika [General acoustics]. Moscow: Nauka, 1973, 496 p.
4. Rzhevkin S.N. Kurs po teorii zvuka [A course on the theory of sound]. Moscow: Izd-vo Moskovskogo un-ta, 1960, 336 p.
5. Gorelik G.S. Kolebaniya i volny [Vibrations and waves]. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1959, 572 p.
6. Strett Dzh.V. (Lord Reley) Teoriya zvuka [The theory of sound], Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1955, 504 p. (Vol. 1) and 476 p. (Vol. 2).
7. Galiullin R.G., Revva I.P., Khalimov G.G. Teoriya termicheskikh avtokolebaniy [The theory of thermal self-oscillations]. Kazan': Izd-vo kazanskogo universiteta, 1982, 155 p.
8. Larionov V.M., Zaripov R.G. Avtokolebaniya gaza v ustanovkakh s goreniem [Self-oscillations of gas in installations with combustion]. Kazan': Izd-vo kazan. gos. tekhn. un-ta, 2003, 227 p.
9. Mayer V.V. Prostye opyty so struyami i zvukom [Simple experiments with jets and sound]. Moscow: Nauka, 1985, 128 p.
10. Iovleva O.V., Larionov V.M., Mitrofanov G.A. Teoriya termoakusticheskikh kolebaniy gaza. Konspekt lektsiy [The theory of thermoacoustic oscillations of gas. Lecture notes]. Kazan': Kazanskiy (Privolzhskiy) federal'nyy universitet, Institut fiziki, 2014, 114 p.
11. Raushenbakh B.V. Fizicheskie osnovy rabochikh protsessov v kamerakh sgoraniya VRD [The physical basis of the working processes in the combustion chambers of the WFD]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1964, 347 p.
12. Raushenbakh B.V. Vibratsionnoe gorenie [Vibration burning]. Moscow: Fizmatgiz, 1961, 500 p.
13. Armakov K.I. Termoakusticheskaya ustoychivost' [Thermoacoustic stability]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1982, 261 p.
14. Gotsulenko V.V., Gotsulenko V.N. O nezavisimosti avtokolebaniy fenomena Riyke ot usloviy gipotezy Releya i ikh dinamicheskoe dempfirovanie [On the independence of the Rike phenomenon self-oscillations from the Rayleigh hypothesis conditions and their dynamic damping], Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya [Aerospace engineering and technology], 2012, No. 3, pp. 76-81.
15. Gotsulenko V.V. Ob analogii nestatsionarnykh rezhimov vozdukhonagrevatelya domennoy pechi (kaupera) i truby Riyke [On the analogy of non-stationary regimes of the blast furnace air heater (Cowper) and the Reike pipe], Sistemnye tekhnologii [System technologies], 1999, No. 8, pp. 24-26.
16. Basok B.I., Gotsulenko V.V. Teoriya fenomena Riyke v sisteme s sosredotochennymi parametrami [Theory of the Rike phenomenon in a system with concentrated parameters], Akusticheskiy vestnik [Acoustic Bulletin], 2010, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 3-8.
17. Teodorchik K.F. Avtokolebatel'nye sistemy [Self-oscillating systems]. Moscow-Leningrad: GITTL, 1952, 271 p.
18. Krasil'nikov V.A. Vvedenie v akustiku [Introduction to acoustics]. Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1992, 152 p.
19. Manaev E.I. Osnovy radioelektroniki [Basics of radio electronics]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 1985, 488 p.
20. Pryanishnikov V.A. Elektronika: Kurs lektsiy [Electronics: a course of lectures]. Saint Petersburg: Korona print., 1998, 400 p.