|Article title||ROUTING ALGORITHM FOR FAULT-TOLERANT WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK|
|Authors||A. G. Sergushev|
|Section||SECTION V. TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION SECURITY|
|Month, Year||02, 2018 @en|
|Index UDC||621.372.88 (075)|
|Abstract||The article is devoted to the construction of fault-tolerant wireless sensor networks of monitoring and control systems of engineering systems for buildings and structures (SMIS). This approach is of the greatest interest in the construction of SMIS on long and dispersed objects, which include, first of all, industrial buildings and structures. The key property that determines the fault tolerance of the sensor network is its self-organization (the ability to form a group with any network node located in the antenna area), which allows modifying the network configuration. The considered property of wireless sensor networks is particularly relevant in the construction of SMIS of potentially dangerous industrial facilities, especially dangerous, technically complex and unique objects, the requirements for reliability, information content and efficiency of information processing of which are of a special nature. The article sets the task of designing a fault-tolerant wireless sensor network of monitoring and control systems of engineering systems of buildings and structures. Identified three interrelated problems that arise when designing wireless sensor networks SMEs: enabling wireless sensor networks to dynamically adapt to the peculiarities of work in dealing with a specific task in a given time, ensuring low energy consumption of the node provided that the node wireless sensor network in arbitrary moment of time can take on the functions of a router, ensuring the adaptation of wireless sensor network to increase the traffic volume, due to the change in the need to obtain information about the monitoring object or its environment. In addition, the wireless sensor network SMIS can contain thousands of nodes and the most important property of the network, in General, should be the performance of network functions even when the maximum number of nodes (the so-called critical fault tolerance of the wireless sensor network). Based on this, the article aims to develop special architecture of wireless sensor network and corresponding algorithms of data routing and control nodes. The algorithms of selection of the Central node in the segment of fault-tolerant wireless sensor network, formation of access and connectivity of fault-tolerant wireless sensor network and construction of the routing table of fault-tolerant wireless sensor network are investigated. On the basis of the conducted researches the variant of realization of the routing algorithm of a wireless sensor network providing increase of its fault tolerance is offered.|
|Keywords||Monitoring and control system of engineering systems of buildings and structures; wireless sensor network; fault-tolerant wireless sensor network; routing algorithm.|
|References||1. Gol'dshteyn, B.S., Kucheryavyy A.E. Seti svyazi post-NGN [Post-NGN communication networks]. Saint-Petersburg: BKhV-Peterburg, 2014, 160 p.
2. Salim A.A.E.A. Razrabotka algoritmov vybora golovnogo uzla v klasternykh besprovodnykh sensornykh setyakh: Avtoref. diss. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Development of algorithms of choice of the head node in clustered wireless sensor networks: abstract. cand. of eng. sc. diss.]. Saint Petersburg: SPbGUT, 2010, 27 p.
3. Prokop'ev A.V. Razrabotka i issledovanie modeley nagruzki v besprovodnykh sensornykh setyakh: Avtoref. diss. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Development and research of load models in wireless sensor networks: abstract. cand. of eng. sc. diss.]. Saint Petersburg.: SPbGUT, 2012, 19 p.
4. Akimov E.V. Sravnenie topologiy besprovodnykh sensornykh setey [Comparison of topologies of wireless sensor networks], Vestnik komp'yuternykh i informatsionnykh tekhnologiy [Bulletin of computer and information technologies], 2008, No. 8, 240 p.
5. Mikhaylov, A., Molev F., Sergushev A., Shirmanov A. Sensornaya set' – osnova sistemy monitoringa sostoyaniya zdaniy [Sensor network-the basis of the monitoring system of buildings], Pervaya milya [The first mile], 2013, No. 6, pp. 32-36.
6. Mochalov V.A. Razrabotka i issledovanie algoritmov postroeniya otkazoustoychivykh sensornykh setey: Avtoref. diss. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Development and research of algorithms for building fault-tolerant sensor networks: abstract. cand. of eng. sc. diss..]. Moscow: MTUSI, 2011, 21 p.
7. Tarakanov E.V. Agregirovanie dannykh mul'tisensorov v besprovodnykh sensornykh setyakh: Avtoref. diss. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Aggregation of multi-sensor data in wireless sensor networks: abstract. cand. of eng. sc. diss.]. Tomsk: NI TPU, 2012, 19 p.
8. Lyakhov A.I., Pustogarov I.A., Shpilev S.A. Mnogokanal'nye mesh-seti: analiz podkhodov i otsenka proizvoditel'nosti [Multichannel mesh networks: analysis of approaches and performance evaluation], Informatsionnye protsessy [Information processes], 2008, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 173-192.
9. Trifonova S.V., Kholodov Ya.A. Issledovanie i optimizatsiya raboty besprovodnoy sensornoy seti na osnove protokola ZigBee [Research and optimization of wireless sensor network based on ZigBee Protocol], Komp'yuternye issledovaniya i modelirovanie [Computer research and modeling], 2012, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 855-869.
10. Borisenko A.S. Metody optimizatsii dlya MESH seti v ZIGBEE [Optimization methods for MESH network in ZIGBEE], Vostochno-Evropeyskiy zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologiy [East European journal of advanced technologies], 2013, No. 1, pp. 24-29.
11. Vision and Challenges for realizing the Internet of Things. European Commission. 2010.
12. Megerian S., Koushanfar F., Potkonjak M., Srivastava M.B. Worst and best-case coverage in sensor networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Jan.-Feb. 2005, Vol. 4, Issue 1.
13. Ananda A., Mun Choon Chan, Wei Tsang Ooi. Mobile Wireless and Sensor Networks Technology Applications and Future Directions. John Wiley & Sons; 2006.
14. Akyildiz F., Pompili D., Melodia T. Underwater acoustic sensor networks: research challenges, Ad Hoc Networks Journal, Elsevier. May 2005, Vol. 3, Issue 3.
15. Akyildiz I.F., Vuran M.C., Akan O.B., Su W. Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey revisited, Computer Networks Journal. A Survey revisited. Computer Networks Journal, 2005.
16. RFC4919. IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs): Overview, Assumptions, Problem Statement, and Goals. 2007.
17. Bose P., Morin P., Stojmenovic I., Urrutia J. Routing with guaranteed delivery in ad hoc wireless networks, Wireless Networks, 2001, Vol. 7, no. 6.
18. Poikselka M., Mayer G. The IMS: IP Multimedia Concepts and Services. 3rd Edition.
J. Wiley&Sons, 2009.
19. Callaway E.H. Wireless Sensor Networks: Architectures and Protocols. CRC Press, 2004.
20. Crovella M.E., Bestavros A. Self-Similarity in Wide Web Traffic: Evidence and Possible Causes, IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking, December 1997,– Vol. 5, No. 6.
21. Kim B.-T. Broadband convergence Network (BcN) for Ubiquitous Korea Vision. The 7th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology ICACT’2005. Phoenix Park, Korea, February 21-23, 2005, Proceedings.
22. Koucheryavy Y., Jakubiak J. Research Challenges in Vehicular Ad hoc Networks, Proceedings, IEEE CCNC 2008, January 10-12, 2008. Las Vegas, USA.
23. Garg V. Wireless Communications and Networking. Morgan Kaufmann, 2006.