|Article title||DETERMINISTIC-STATISTICAL APPROACH TO EVALUATION OF THE MIMO SYSTEM CHANNEL MATRIX|
|Authors||A. A. Vaganova, N. N. Kisel, A. I. Panychev|
|Section||SECTION III. RADIO ENGINEERING AND COMMUNICATION|
|Month, Year||03, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Signal propagation conditions in specific scenarios are described with the channel matrix of a MIMO system, which is usually estimated experimentally using pilot signals. However, the possibility of a preliminary estimation of the channel matrix taking into account the environment and the location of the transmitting and receiving antennas would be useful to reduce the amount of service information in the transmitted signal. Thus, when radio waves propagate indoors and in dense urban environment, the phenomenon of multipath propagation arises, because there are a lot of stationary and mobile objects in the coverage area of the communication system. Therefore, when analyzing signal propagation in wireless communication systems, it is necessary to take into account both the deterministic characteristics of a particular propagation scenario (for example, topography, position of buildings, floor plans, etc.) and the possibility of accidental changes in propagation conditions (movement of people, vehicles, etc.). This is possible, for example, by introducing a statistical component into the model of a wireless communication system. In this paper the distribution of the field intensity, which corresponds to the transmission coefficient of each channel of the indoor MIMO system, is simulated taking into account the random position of an obstacle in the signal path. Statistical analysis of the results of channel matrix calculation is performed. Random movement of the obstacle in the first Fresnel zones of direct and reflected rays made it possible to simulate a different state of the transmission channels. Realizations of emitted field intensity distribution for each element of the system in the horizontal section of the room at the height of the transmitter location are obtained based on the three-dimensional ray tracing algorithm. The field amplitude at the locations of all the receivers is calculated for 100 random positions of the obstacle. Statistical processing of the channel matrix calculation results is performed. The obtained results show that the interference of signals propagating along different paths has a more significant influence on the signal level at a particular point of the room than the fact that this point of reception is located in/out of the transmitter’s line of sight. The standard deviations of the channel matrix elements have the same order as the mean values or one order less. This indicates a significant spread of their values which are commensurable with the mean values.|
|Keywords||Statistical evaluation; channel matrix; transmission coefficient; MIMO; multipath propagation.|
|References||1. Foschini G.J., Gans V.J. On Limits of Wireless Communications in a Fading Environment when Using Multiple Antennas, Wireless Personal Commutications, 1998, No. 3, pp. 311-335.
2. Slyusar V. Sistemy MIMO: principy postroeniya i obrabotka signalov [MIMO systems: principles of construction and signal processing], Elektronika: Nauka, Tekhnologiya, Biznes [Electronics: Science, Technology, Business], 2005, No. 8, pp. 52-58.
3. Ermolaev V.T., Mal'cev A.A., Flaksman A.G., Mavrychev E.A., Tiraspol'skiy S.A., Bolkhovskaya O.V. Primenenie adaptivnykh antennykh reshetok dlya povysheniya skorosti peredachi informacii [The use of adaptive antenna arrays to increase the speed of information transfer], Trudy Nauchnoj konferencii po radiofizike, NNGU, 2002 [Proceedings of the scientific conference on Radiophysics, UNN], pp. 22-28.
4. Serebryakov G.V. Propusknaya sposobnost' antennykh reshetok s kvadratichnoy obrabotkoy v sluchaynom kanale [Capacity of antenna arrays with quadratic processing in a random channel], Aktual'nye problemy statisticheskoy radiofiziki (Malahovskiy sbornik) [Actual problems of statistical Radiophysics (Malakhov collection)], 2005, Vol. 4, pp. 53-59.
5. Ermolaev V.T., Flaksman A.G., Lysyakov D.N. Effektivnost' prostranstvennogo razdeleniya pol'zovateley v CDMA-sistemakh svyazi v releevskom fedinguyushchem kanale s chastotnoy dispersiey [Efficiency of spatial separation of users in CDMA-communication systems in a relay channel with frequency dispersion], Aktual'nye problemy statisticheskoy radiofiziki (Malahovskiy sbornik) [Actual problems of statistical Radiophysics (Malakhov collection)], 2006, Vol. 5, pp. 136-147.
6. De Figueiredo F.A.P., Cardoso F.A.C.M., Moerman I., Fraidenraich G. Channel Estimation for Massive MIMO TDD Systems Assuming Pilot Contamination and Frequency Selective Fading, IEEE Access, 2017, Vol. 5, pp. 17733-17741.
7. Parshin Yu.N., Zharikov P.V., Kaznacheev P.A. Programmno-apparatnyy kompleks testirovaniya kanal'noy matricy MIMO sistemy peredachi informacii ot podvizhnogo ob"ekta [Software and hardware complex for testing the channel matrix MIMO of the information transmission system from the mobile object], Vestnik RGRTU [Vestnik of Ryazan State Radio Engineering University], 2015, No. 54, Part 1, pp. 3-8.
8. Parshin Yu.N., Zharikov P.V. Potencial'naya tochnost' ocenivaniya koefficienta raznokanal'nosti pri pomoshchi sluchaynogo testovogo signala [Potential accuracy of estimation of the coefficient of multi-channel using a random test signal], Radiolokaciya i radiosvyaz': Materialy 5 Vserossijskoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferencii [Radar and radio communication: Materials of the 5th all-Russian scientific and technical conference]. Moscow: IREH im.
V.A. Kotel'nikova RAN, 2011, pp. 295-300.
9. Lv T., Yang Sh., Gao H. Semi-Blind Channel Estimation Relying on Optimum Pilots Designed for Multi-Cell Large-Scale MIMO Systems, IEEE Access, 2016, Vol. 4, pp. 1190-1204.
10. O’Brien W., Kenny E., Culler P. An efficient implementation of a three-dimensional microcell propagation tool for indoor and outdoor urban environments, IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., 2000, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 622-630.
11. Chung H.K., Bertony H.L. Rang-dependent path-loss model in residential areas for the VHF and UHF bands, IEEE Trans. on Anten. and Propag., 2002, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 1-11.
12. Lim S.Y., Soo Q.P., Adam A., Lim D.W.G., Yun Z., Iskander M.F. Towards a Comprehensive Ray-Tracing Modeling of an Urban City With Open-Trench Drains for Mobile Communications, IEEE Access, 2017, Vol. 5, pp. 2300-2307.
13. Samimi M.K., Rappaport T.S. 3-D Millimeter-Wave Statistical Channel Model for 5G Wireless System Design, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2016, Vol. 64, No. 7, pp. 2207-2225.
14. Dimitriou A.G., Bletsas A., Bessis N., Polycarpou A.C., Sahalos G.N. Theoretical Findings and Measurements on Planning a UHF RFID System Inside a Room, Radioengineering, June 2011, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 387-397.
15. Lay Z., De La Roche G., Bessis N., Kuonen P., Clapworthe G., Zhou D., Zhang G. Statistical Intelligent Ray Launching Algorithm for Indoor Scenarios, Radioengineering, June 2011, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 398-408.
16. Arikawa S., Karasawa Y. A Simplified MIMO Channel Characteristics Evaluation Scheme Based on Ray Tracing and Its Application to Indoor Radio Systems, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 2014, Vol. 13, pp. 1737-1740.
17. Zhang N., Dou J., Tian L., Yuan X., Yang X., Mei S., Wang H. Dynamic Channel Modeling for an Indoor Scenario at 23.5 GHz, IEEE Access, 2015, Vol. 3, pp. 2950-2958.
18. Madej P. 3D Wireless Networks Simulator – Visualization of Radio Frequency Propagation for WLANs, Dissertation, Univ. of Dublin, Trinity College, 2006.
19. Torres R.P. a.o. CINDOOR: An Engineering Tool for Planning and Design of Wireless System in Enclosed Spaces, Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 1999, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 11-21.
20. Panychev A.I., Vaganova A.A., Kisel N.N. Estimation of the Transmission Coefficients of a MIMO System Radio Channel Indoors. Moscow Workshop on Electronic and Networking Technologies (MWENT). Proceedings. Moscow, Russia, 14-16 March, 2018.
21. Panychev A.I., Vaganova A.A. Evaluation of the volume distribution of the intensity of signals penetrating into the room, 26th Int. Crimean Conference «Microwave & Telecommunication Technology» (CriMiCo’2016), Sevastopol, Crimea, 4-10 September 2016, Vol. 3, P. 437-444.
22. Sazonov D.M. Antenny i ustroystva SVCH [Antennas and microwave devices]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1988, 432 p.
23. Petrov B.M. Elektrodinamika i rasprostranenie radiovoln [Electrodynamics and propagation of radio waves]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz', 2000, 559 p.
24. Panychev A.I., Vaganova A.A. Efficient three-dimensional ray tracing and electromagnetic field intensity estimation algorithm for WLAN, East-West Design & Test Symposium (EWDTS - 2017), Novi Sad, Serbia, 29 Sept.-2 Oct. 2017.
25. Panychev A.I., Vaganova A.A. Analiz mnogoluchevoy struktury elektromagnitnogo polya v pomeshchenii s gruppoy prepyatstviy [Analysis of the multibeam structure of the electromagnetic field in a room with a group of obstacles], Izvestiya YUFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2016, No. 3 (176), pp. 53-65.