|Article title||MODELING OF ONE-DIMENSIONAL COMPOSITE OBJECTS BEHAVIOR UNDER DYNAMIC LOADS|
|Authors||D. V. Tymoshenko, G. V. Kupovykh, A. A. Ilyukhin|
|Section||SECTION II. MODELING OF COMPLEX SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES|
|Month, Year||05, 2018 @en|
|Index UDC||531.38, 575|
|Abstract||In this paper we present the fundamentals of the method for analyzing the geometric configurations of elastic one-dimensional objects (flexible rods) made of composite materials with a multi-layered internal structure. Interest in studying the deformation processes of rods is due to the fact that rods or objects close to them in terms of properties are constructive elements of a large number of technical systems. Examples include mobile, connecting and damping devices and structures in transport and engineering facilities. In addition, the flexible rod model finds its application in the study of the behavior and properties of biological polymers molecules and, in particular, DNA. The need to develop new and existing methods for the qualitative and numerical analysis of the dynamics of elastic elements in engineering systems is explained by the high requirements for such studies, their applied nature. At the same time, the absence of strict continuity with simultaneous complication of the hierarchy of structures for composite materials in the case of significant deformations leads to fundamental difficulties in describing these phenomena using standard methods of the theory of elasticity. The recent development of microstructural research allows one to draw conclusions about the significant influence of the structural properties of matter on the dynamics of deformation processes. Expansion of the field of composite materials application makes it necessary to intensify studies of the relationships between the mechanical properties of composites and their structure, including from the standpoint of determining stable forms of equilibrium in deformed elastic elements. The method of transition from the structural characteristics of the material to the spatial geometry of the object described in this work is illustrated by the example of the state of the rod’s natural twist. Particular attention is paid to the study of the conditions for the formation of closed configurations, since they correspond to critical cases of the systems functioning.|
|Keywords||Elastic rods; continuum models; composite materials.|
|References||1. Panin V.E. Fizicheskaya mezomekhanika i komp'yuternoe konstruirovanie materialov [Physical mesomechanics and computer design of materials]. Novosibirsk: Nauka; SO RAN, 1995, Vol. 1, 297 p.; Vol. 2, 317 p.
2. Krivtsov A.M., Morozov N.F. Anomalii mekhanicheskikh kharakteristik nanorazmernykh ob"ektov [Anomalies in the mechanical characteristics of nanosized objects], Doklady RAN [Report RAS], 2001, T. 381, No. 3, pp. 825-827.
3. Mescheryakov Y.I., Divakov A.K. Multiscale kinetics of microstructure and strain-rate dependence of materials, DYMAT J., 1994, No. 4, pp. 271-287.
4. Rit M. Nanokonstruirovanie v nauke i tekhnike. Vvedenie v mir nanorascheta [Nanoconstruction in science and technology. Introduction in the world of nano-calculation]. Moscow – Izhevsk: RCD, 2005, 159 p.
5. Kravchuk A.S. O modelyakh i reshenii zadach mekhaniki nanokontakta [On models and solving problems of nanocontact mechanics], Matematicheskoe modelirovanie sistem i protsessov [Mathematical Modeling of Systems and Processes], 2007, No. 15, pp. 123-141.
6. Fomin V.M., Golovnev I.F. Molekulyarno-dinamicheskie issledovaniya termomekhanicheskikh svoystv nanostruktur [Molecular-dynamic studies of thermomechanical properties of nanostructures], Mekhanika – ot diskretnogo k sploshnomu [Mechanics - from discrete to continuous],
ed. V.M. Fomin. Novosibirsk: Izd-vo SO RAN, 2008, pp. 8-87.
7. Ilyukhin A.A. Prostranstvennye zadachi nelineynoy teorii uprugikh sterzhney [Spatial problems of the nonlinear theory of elastic rods]. Kiev, «Naukova dumka», 1979, 216 p.
8. Ustinov Yu.A. Zadachi Sen-Venana dlya psevdotsilindrov [The tasks of St. Venant for pseudocylinders]. Moscow, 2003, 128 p.
9. Lur'e A.I., Dzhanelidze G.Yu. Zadacha Sen-Venana dlya sterzhney, blizkikh k prizmaticheskim [The problem of Saint-Venant for rods close to prismatic], DAN [Academy of Sciences Reports], 1939, Vol. XXIV, No. 1–No. 3.
10. Dzhanelidze. G.Yu. Sootnosheniya Kirkhgofa dlya estestvenno zakruchennykh sterzhney i ikh prilozheniya [Kirchhoff's relations for naturally twisted rods and their applications] Trudy Leningradskogo politekhnicheskogo institute [Proceedings of the Leningrad Polytechnic Institute], 1946, No. 1.
11. Kugushev E.I., Starostin E.L. Matematicheskaya model' obrazovaniya trekhmernoy struktury DNK [Mathematical model of the formation of the three-dimensional structure of DNA.], Preprint IPM im. M.V. Keldysha RAN [KIAM Preprint to them. MV Keldysh of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 1997, No. 77.
12. Kozlov N.N., Kugushev E.I., Sabitov D.I., Eneev T.M. Komp'yuternyy analiz protsessov strukturoobrazovaniya nukleinovykh kislot [Computer analysis of the processes of nucleic acid structure formation], Preprint IPM im. M.V. Keldysha RAN [KIAM Preprint to them. MV Keldysh of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2002, No. 19, No. 42.
13. Ilyukhin A.A., Timoshenko D.V. Novyy metod opredeleniya usloviy zamknutosti molekul DNK [A new method for determining the conditions for the closure of DNA molecules], Obozrenie prikladnoy i promyshlennoy matematiki [Review of applied and industrial mathematics], 2006, Vol. 13, Issue 2, pp. 322-324.
14. Ilyukhin A.A., Timoshenko D.V. Matematicheskaya model' zamknutykh molekul DNK [Mathematical model of closed DNA molecules], Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Seriya: Matematika. Mekhanika. Informatika [Proceedings of the Saratov University. Ser. Mathematics. Mechanics. Computer science], 2008, Vol. 8, Issue 3, pp. 32-40.
15. Timoshenko D.V. Primenenie uravneniya SHredingera k issledovaniyu prostranstvennykh konfiguratsiy molekul DNK [Application of the Schrödinger equation to the study of spatial configurations of DNA molecules], Materialy XIV Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii «Lomonosov»» [Materials of the XIV International Conference "Lomonosov"]. Moscow, 2007, pp. 75-79.
16. Romm Ya.E. Lokalizatsiya i ustoychivoe vychislenie nuley mnogochlena na osnove sortirovki. I [Localization and stable calculation of zeros of a polynomial on the basis of sorting. I], Kibernetika i sistemnyy analiz [Cybernetics and system analysis], 2007, No. 1, pp. 165-183.
17. Romm Ya.E. Lokalizatsiya i ustoychivoe vychislenie nuley mnogochlena na osnove sortirovki. II [Localization and stable calculation of zeros of a polynomial on the basis of sorting. II], Kibernetika i sistemnyy analiz [Cybernetics and system analysis], 2007, No. 2, pp. 161-175.
18. Romm Ya.E. Parallel'naya sortirovka sliyaniem po matritsam sravneniy. I [Parallel sorting by merging by comparison matrices. I], Kibernetika i sistemnyy analiz [Cybernetics and system analysis], 1994, No. 5, pp. 3-23.
19. Mindlin R.D. Second gradient of strain and surface-tension in linear elasticity, Int. J. Solids Struct., 1965, Vol. 1, No. 4, зз. 417-438.
20. Allen M.P., Tildesley D.J. Computer Simulation of Liquids. N.Y.: Clarenden Press, Oxford, 1987, 385 p.
21. Rapaport D.C. The Art of Molecular Dynamics Simulation. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press, 2004, 564 p.