|Article title||DETECTION OF POSSIBLE INTRA-SYSTEM INTERFERENCE IN THE «VLADIVOSTOK» ZONE OF THE SFN DVB-T2 PRIMORSKY KRAI|
|Authors||G. A. Stetsenko, L. G. Statsenko, A. F. Lomakin|
|Section||SECTION III. METHODS AND MEANS OF MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL|
|Month, Year||06, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The article analyzes the results of simulation the occurrence of intra-system interference on a co-channel in a single-frequency DVB-T2 network in the Primorskiy Krai. The situation is described when the quality of network broadcasting for a region with a complex terrain, built on the basis of a previously deployed infrastructure, significantly depends on the selected value of the guard interval. Since the network configuration under study is unique, the used DVB-T2 broadcasting modes, effective antenna heights and effective transmitter power can determine not only the size of the service area, but also lead to intra-symbol interference areas with reduced signal quality inside the service area. This assumption is confirmed by the results of numerical modeling to identify areas with a critical level of interference in the service area of a television transmitter in the city of Ussuriysk when the central transmitter of the network located in Vladivostok is operating. The Longly-Rice model is used, the parameters of which take into account the current network broadcasting modes and the provisions of the Russian GOST on digital television. When analyzing the results of numerical simulation, several areas with a critical level of interference in the service area of the DVB-T2 network were identified. The reason of it is non-fulfillment of the conditions for the correct operation of the transmitters of a single-frequency network in an area with difficult terrain. With the established network operating modes, the signal lag from the central network transmitter in Vladivostok can create the effects of intranet interference in remote service areas. The revealed feature is confirmed by the data of field measurements of the quality of the television signal in problem areas, carried out in accordance with existing standards and requirements. Some options are offered to reduce the effect of interference. So, for the example in question, possible ways to eliminate the effects of intranet interference can be either reducing the power of the interfering central television transmitter of the network, or changing the main network parameter — the guard interval — to 1/4 of the useful symbol. At the same time, while maintaining the existing spatial separation of the RCF and antenna patterns of antenna systems, optimization of the preset relative delay for each network transmitter can be an effective method of eliminating the mutual influence of transmitters.|
|Keywords||Intra-system interference; DVB-T2 SFN; model calculation; signal quality measurement.|
|References||1. Metodika rascheta zony obsluzhivaniya RES nazemnogo tsifrovogo televizionnogo veshchaniya sistemy DVB-T2 dlya fiksirovannogo priema v polosakh chastot 174–230 i 470–790 MGts. Utverzhdena resheniem GKRCH ot 22.07.2014 g. № 14–26–10 [The method of calculating the service area of the RES digital terrestrial television broadcasting system
DVB-T2 for fixed reception in the frequency bands 174–230 and 470–790 MHz. Approved by the decision of the State Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan No 14–26-10, dated July 22, 2014].
2. Radio Mobile. Ofitsial'nyy sayt programmy [Radio Mobile. The official website of the program]. Available at: http://www.ve2dbe.com, svobodnyy (accessed 04 Desember 2018).
3. GOST R 55947–2014. Televidenie veshchatel'noe tsifrovoe. Priemniki dlya efirnogo tsifrovogo televizionnogo veshchaniya DVB-T2. Osnovnye parametry. Tekhnicheskie trebovaniya. Metody izmereniy i ispytaniy. Data vvedeniya v deystvie: 01.01.2015 [Television broadcast digital. Receivers for terrestrial digital television broadcasting DVB-T2. Main settings. Technical requirements. Methods of measurement and testing. Date of entry into force: 01.01.2015].
4. GOST R 54715–2011. Televidenie veshchatel'noe tsifrovoe. Planirovanie nazemnykh setey tsifrovogo televizionnogo veshchaniya. Tekhnicheskie osnovy. Data vvedeniya v deystvie: 01.07.2013 [Television broadcast digital. Planning terrestrial networks for digital television broadcasting. Technical basics. Date of introduction into action: 01.07.2013].
5. GOST R 56458–2015. Televidenie veshchatel'noe tsifrovoe. Zashchitnye otnosheniya dlya tseley planirovaniya setey tsifrovogo nazemnogo televizionnogo veshchaniya vtorogo pokoleniya (DVB-T2). Data vvedeniya v deystvie: 01.09.2015 [Television broadcasting digital. Protection relationships for the purposes of planning second-generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting networks (DVB-T2). Date of entry into force: 01.09.2015].
6. Metodika opredeleniya zony obsluzhivaniya odinochnoy peredayushchey stantsii nazemnogo tsifrovogo TV–veshchaniya standarta DVB-T2. Utverzhdena resheniem GKRCH ot 16.10.2015 g. № 15–35–04 [The method of determining the service area of a single transmitting station of terrestrial digital TV - DVB-T2 standard broadcasting. Approved by the decision of the State Committee on Radio Frequency Protection of 10/16/2015 No. 15–35–04].
7. Korzhikhin E.O. Osobennosti postroeniya odnochastotnykh setey v novom standarte tsifrovogo veshchaniya DVB –T2 [Features of the construction of single-frequency networks in the new digital broadcasting standard DVB-T2], T–Comm – Telekommunikatsii i Transport [T – Comm - Telecommunications and Transport], 2010, No. 9, pp. 3-5.
8. Bykhovskiy M.A., Dotolev V.G., Lashkevich A.V. i dr. Osnovy chastotnogo planirovaniya setey televizionnogo veshchaniya: ucheb. posobie [Basics of frequency planning television broadcasting network: studies. manual]. Moscow: Goryachaya liniya Telekom, 2015, 308 p.
9. Gladkova E.O., Gritsenko A.A., ZHirov V.A. Vliyanie vnutrisistemnykh pomekh na zony obsluzhivaniya MFN i SFN setey nazemnogo tsifrovogo televizionnogo veshchaniya [Influence of intra-system interference on the MFN and SFN service areas of terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks], Infosfera [Infosphere], 2013, No. 57, pp. 17-19.
10. Lomakin A.F., Stetsenko G.A. Vozmozhnyy algoritm modernizatsii seti DVB-T2 [Possible algorithm for upgrading the DVB-T2 network], Vestnik Inzhenernoy shkoly DVFU [Bulletin of the FEFU School of Engineering], 2017, Vol. No. 4 (33), pp. 139-147.
11. Lomakin A.F., Stetsenko G.A. Nekotorye osobennosti odnochastotnoy seti DVB T2 goroda Vladivostoka [Some features of a single-frequency DVB-T2 network in Vladivostok], Vestnik Inzhenernoy shkoly DVFU [Bulletin of the FEFU School of Engineering], 2016, Vol. No. 4 (29), pp. 25-38.
12. Brugger R., Hemingway D. OFDM receivers – impact on coverage of inter–symbol interference and FFT window positioning, EBU Tech. Review, 2003, pp. 1-12.
13. Li C.W., Telemi S., Zhang X.L., Brugger R., Angulo I., Angueira P. Planning Large Single Frequency Networks for DVB-T2, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 2015, Vol. 61,
14. Garro E., Barjau C., Gomez–Barquero D., Kim J., Sung–Ik Park, Hur N. Layered Division Multiplexing with Distributed Multiple–Input Single–Output Schemes, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 2018, pp. 1-10.
15. Plets D. On the Methodology for Calculating SFN Gain in Digital Broadcast Systems, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 2010, Vol. 56, pp. 331-339.
16. Ruckveratham B., Promwong S. Evaluation of SFN Gain for DVB-T2, 2017 International Conference on Digital Arts, Media and Technology (ICDAMT), 2017, pp. 85-88.
17. Ksenzenko P., Vardanyan V., Khimich P. Opyt postroeniya odnochastotnoy seti tsifrovogo televizionnogo veshchaniya v Ispanii [The Experience of Building a Single–Frequency Network of Digital Television Broadcasting in Spain], Mediasat, 2011, pp. 2-11.
18. Morgade J., Angueira P., Arrinda A., Pfeffer R. SFN-SISO and SFN-MISO gain performance analysis for DVB-T2 network planning, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 2014, Vol. 60 (2), pp. 272-286.
19. Li C., Telemi S., Angueira P., Brugger R., Zhang X., Morgade J., Peña I., Arrinda A., Zhang Z. Optimal DVB-T2 network planning using theoretical SFNs, 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, 2014, pp. 1-6.
20. Martinez G., Sanchez J., Gomez-Barquero D., Cardona N. Optimization of the Digital Terrestrial Television Transmission Mode of DVB-T2 in Colombia, IEEE Latin America Transactions, 2015, pp. 2144-2151.