|Article title||DEVELOPMENT OF RASTER TEMPLATES FOR AGO STRUCTURING OF SOLID SURFACES USING FOCUSED ION BEAMS|
|Authors||A. L. Gromov, A. S. Kolomiytsev, A. V. Kotosonova, N. A. Shandyba, I. V. Panchenko|
|Section||SECTION I. ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||07, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The paper presents the results of the development of the algorithm and software that allows to create raster patterns for maskless structuring of the surface of solids and the formation of nanoscale structures using the method of focused ion beams (FIB). A method for development of digital raster patterns based on the formation of BMP and ASCII files on the basis of mathematical expressions describing the desired surface relief, or profiles defined by a graphic file, has been developed. An algorithm is presented that considers the results of modeling the interaction of an ion beam with a substrate, as well as the evolution of a solid surface profile during FIB-milling. Experimental results are shown that take into account the process of changing the surface topography during etching under the influence of the angular dependence of the sputtering yield at each point, the effects of overlapping areas of FIB exposure during step-by-step movement and redeposition of the etched material. The developed software allows to create specialized patterns for various technological equipment that implements the FIB method, which can be used to create three-dimensional structures with high resolution and reproducibility of parameters, as well as automate the process of designing and generating patterns. A key feature of the developed software is the versatility and the ability to generate patterns for etching and deposition by the FIB method based on mathematical expressions and profiles specified in the form of two-dimensional graphs. The use of mathematical expressions is important when designing patterns for the manufacture of elements of integrated optoelectronics, such as Fresnel lenses and geodesic lenses. The use of two-dimensional profiles allows with high efficiency to create templates for the formation of structures of micromechanics and the tip of the probes for nanodiagnostics of the surface of solids. The ability to multiply the generated patterns is an important step towards improving the performance of lithographic processes based on FIB and the possibility of automating the process of small-scale production of micro- and nanostructures. The research results can be used in the development of promising technological processes for the formation of the element base of nanoelectronics and nano-mechanics using local nanostructuring methods based on ion and electron beams.|
|Keywords||Nanotechnology; focused ion beam; ion beam milling; submicron profiling; raster patterns.|
|References||1. Nanotekhnologii: fizika, protsessy, diagnostika, pribory [Nanotechnology: physics, processes, diagnostics, devices], ed. by V.V. Luchinina, Yu.M. Tairova. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2006, 552 p.
2. The Focused Ion Beam Instrument, Instrumentation, Theory, Techniques and Practice. Springer US, 2005, pp. 1-12.
3. Nanotekhnologii v elektronike [Nanotechnology in electronics], ed. by Yu.A. Chaplygina. Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2016, 480 p.
4. Reyntjens S. A review of focused ion beam applications in microsystem technology, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2001, Vol. 11, No. 4.
5. Yao N., Wang Z. Handbook of microscopy for nanotechnology. Kluwer academic publishers, 2005, 743 p.
6. Handbook of charged particle optics (2nd ed.), ed. by J. Orloff. CRC Press, 2009, 688 p.
7. Kolomiytsev A.S., Il'in O.I., Gromov A.L., Lisitsyn S.A., Katkhanov B.S. Submikronnoe strukturirovanie poverkhnosti podlozhek kremniya metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Submicron structuring of silicon substrate surface by the method of focused ion beams], Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental research], 2012, No. 11-3, pp. 615-618.
8. Gurovich B.A., Prikhod'ko K.E., Taldenkov A.N. i dr. Razrabotka ionno-puchkovogo metoda izgotovleniya kremnievykh nanoprovodov [Development of ion-beam method of silicon nanowires manufacturing], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Russian nanotechnologies], 2012, Vol. 7, No. 1-2, pp. 93-97.
9. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Konoplev B.G. Formation of nanosize structures on a silicon substrate by method of focused ion beams, Semiconductors, 2011, Vol. 45, No. 13, pp. 1709-1712.
10. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Konoplev B.G. Issledovanie parametrov vzaimodeystviya fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov s podlozhkoy [Study of the interaction parameters of focused ion beams with the substrate], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Elektronika [Proceedings of Universities. Electronics], 2011, No. 3 (89), pp. 20-25.
11. Prikhodko K. E., Gurovich B. A., Komarov D.A. et al. Microstructure evolution during silicon oxidation at room temperature under composite ion beam irradiation, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 2014, Vol. 326, pp. 273-277.
12. Ageev O.A., Alekseev A.M., Vnukova A.V., Kolomiytsev A.S., Gromov A.L., Konoplev B.G., Lisitsyn S.A. Modelirovanie rel'efa poverkhnosti podlozhki pri nanorazmernom profilirovanii metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Modeling of the substrate surface relief under nanoscale profiling by the method of focused ion beams], Rossiyskie nanotekhnologii [Russian nanotechnology], 2014, No. 1-2 (yanvar'-fevral'), Vol. 9, pp. 44-49.
13. Sabouri A., Anthony C.J., Bowen J., Vishnyakov V., Prewett P.D. The effects of dwell time on focused ion beam machining of silicon, Microelectronic Engineering, 2014, Vol. 121, pp. 24-26.
14. Roediger P., Wanzenboeck H., Waid S., Hochleitner G., Bertagnolli E. Focused-ion-beam-inflicted surface amorphization and gallium implantation–new insights and removal by focused-electron-beam-induced etching, Nanotechnology, 2011, Vol. 22, pp. 235302.
15. De Felicis D., Mughal M., Bemporad E. A method to improve the quality of 2.5 dimensional micro-and nanostructures produced by focused ion beam machining, Micron, 2017, Vol. 101, pp. 8-15.
16. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Gromov A.L., Il'in O.I. Issledovanie rezhimov submikronnogo profilirovaniya poverkhnosti podlozhek kremniya metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [A study of the submicron surface profiling of silicon wafers using focused ion beams], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2011, No. 4 (117), pp. 171-180.
17. Konoplev B.G., Ageev O.A., Smirnov V.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Serbu N.I. Modifikatsiya zondov dlya skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Modification of probes for scanning probe microscopy by focused ion beams], Mikroelektronika [Microelectronics], 2012, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 47-56.
18. Ageev O.A., Kolomiytsev A.S., Bykov A.V., Smirnov V.A., Kots I.N. Fabrication of advanced probes for atomic force microscopy using focused ion beam, Microelectronics Reliability, 2015, Vol. 55, pp. 2131-2134.
19. Ageev O.A., Il'in O.I., Kolomiytsev A.S., Konoplev B.G., Smirnov V.A. Modifikatsiya zondovykh datchikov-kantileverov dlya atomno-silovoy mikroskopii metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Modification of probe sensors-cantilevers for atomic force microscopy by focused ion beams], Nano- i mikrosistemnaya tekhnika [Nano- and microsystem technique], 2011, No. 4, pp. 4-8.
20. Bykov A.V., Kolomiytsev A.S., Polyakova V.V., Smirnov V.A. Profilirovanie zondov dlya skaniruyushchey zondovoy nanodiagnostiki metodom fokusirovannykh ionnykh puchkov [Profiling of probes for scanning probe nanodiagnostics by the method of focused ion beams], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2014, No. 9 (158), pp. 133-140.