|Article title||PRODUCTION OF SILICON-CARBON FILMS ON CONDUCTIVE AND DIELECTRIC SUBSTRATES BY THE METHOD OF ELECTROCHEMICAL DEPOSITION|
|Authors||M. N. Grigoryev, T. S. Mikhailova, T. N. Myasoedova|
|Section||SECTION I. ELECTRONICS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY|
|Month, Year||07, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||These silicon-carbon films and manganese-doped silicon-carbon films by type of structure, which has a significant impact on their properties, belong to the class of nanocomposite materials. The resulting silicon-carbon films are very promising for their use as electrodes of supercapacitors with electrolyte having increased chemical activity, active elements of gas sensors, chemically and mechanically resistant coatings and for the creation of electrodes of field emission devices. Production of pure silicon-carbon films and manganese-doped silicon-carbon films by electrochemical method was described in paper. Silicon wafer 4,5 (100) and polycor cut to the required dimensions and use as substrates. Methods of scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Raman spectroscopy, and x-ray diffractometry (XRD) were used to study the structure, chemical and phase composition of the obtained films. The technology of obtaining chemically resistant electrical contacts on silicon – carbon films was developed. These contacts consist of three metal layers: chromium – copper - chromium (Cr-Cu-Cr) deposited by magnetron sputtering. Metal mask was used for obtaining the necessary topology. Electrical contacts to silicon – carbon films were formed with using the developed technology and the electrophysical properties of the obtained resistive structures were investigated. The thickness of the samples was about 300 and 500 nm for “pure” and doped silicon-carbon films, respectively. To study the structure, chemical and phase composition of the films obtained, the methods of raster electron microscopy (SEM), Raman spectroscopy, and X-ray diffractometry were used. As a result, it was shown that manganese is incorporated into the structure of the silicon-carbon matrix with the formation of a silicide (Mn5Si2). The presence of unbound manganese atoms and the Mn5SiC phase is also noted. The study of the electrical characteristics of silicon-carbon films showed that the introduction of a manganese atom reduces the electrical resistance of the samples by 20 %. In addition, the influence of the type of substrate on the nature of the temperature dependence of the resistance of both “pure” and doped films is noted.|
|Keywords||Silicon – carbon films; metal nanocomposites; electrochemical deposition.|
|References||1. Neerinck D., Persoone P., Sercu M., Goel A., Venkatraman C., Kester D., HalterC., Swab P., Bray D. Diamond-like nanocomposite coatings for low-wear and low-friction applications in humid environments, Thin Solid Films, 1998, Vol. 317, pp. 402-404.
2. Parhomenko Yu.N., Malinkovich M.D, Skryleva E.A., Shupegin M.L. Tekhnologiya polucheniya, struktura i svoystva metallsoderzhashchih, nanokompozitov s kremniy-uglerodnoy matritsey [Technology, structure and properties of metal-containing nanocomposites with silicon-carbon matrix], Izvestiya Vuzov. Materialy elektronnoy tekhniki [Materials of Electronics Engineering], 2005, No. 3, pp. 12-16.
3. Malinkovich M.D. Struktura poverhnosti nanokompozitov na osnove kremniy–uglerodnoy matritsy, vyyavlennaya metodami skaniruyushchey zondovoy mikroskopii [Surface structure of nanocomposites based on silicon-carbon matrix revealed by scanning probe microscopy], Izvestiya Vuzov. Materialy elektronnoy tekhniki [Materials of Electronics Engineering], 2010, No. 1, pp. 41-45.
4. Grigor'ev M.N., Plugotarenko N.K., Bednaya T.A. Modelirovanie struktury legirovannyh tonkih plenok kremniy – uglerodnyh soedineniy [Modeling of the structure of doped thin films of silicon-carbon compounds], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2018, No. 2 (196), pp. 94-104.
5. Safiabadi Tali S.A., Soleimani – Amiri S., Sanaee Z., Moohajerzadeh S. Nitrogen-doped amorphous carbon-silicon core-shell structures for high-power supercapacitor electrodes, Sceintific reports, 2017, No. 5, pp. 1-13.
6. Sundaram K.B., Alizadeh J. Deposition and optical studies of silicon carbide nitride thin films, Thin Solid Films, 2000, Vol. 370, pp. 151-154.
7. Boughaba S., Sproule G.I., McCaffrey J.P., Islam M., Graham M.J. Synthesis of amorphous silicon carbonitride films by pulsed laser deposition, Thin Solid Films, 2002, Vol. 402, pp. 99-110.
8. Fayner N.I. Ot kremniyorganicheskih soedineniy-predshestvennikov – k mnogofunktsional'nomu karbonitridu kremniya [From organosilicon compounds-precursors-to multifunctional silicon carbonitride], Zhurnal obshchey himii [Journal of General chemistry], 2012, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp. 47-56.
9. Xingli Zou, Li Ji, Xionggang Lu, Zhongfu Zhou. Facile electrosynthesis of silicon carbide nanowires from silica/carbon precursors in molten salt, Scientific reports, 2017, No. 7, pp. 1-9.
10. Manocha S., Ankur Darji, Manocha L.M. Formation of silicon carbide whiskers from organic precursors via sol – gel method, Eurasian Chem Tech Journal, 2011, No. 13, pp. 27-33.
11. Grenaderov A.S., Oskomov K.V., Solov'ev A.A., Rabotkin S.V. Osazhdenie kremniy-uglerodnyh pokrytiy iz plazmy nesamostoyatel'nogo dugovogo razryada s nakal'nym katodom [Deposition of silicon-carbon coatings from plasma of non-self-sustained arc discharge with an incandescent cathode], Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Journal of General chemistry], 2016, Vol. 8,
Issue 5, pp. 51-56.
12. Grigoryev M.N., Myasoedova T.N., Mikhailova T.S. The electrochemical deposition of silicon - carbon thin films from organic solution, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2018, No. 1124, pp. 1-4.
13. Tairov Y.M., Tsvetkov V.F. Investigation of growth processes of ingots of silicon carbide single crystals, J. Cryst. Growth., 1978, Vol. 43, pp. 209-212.
14. Akaoglu B., Atilgan I., Katircioglu B. Thickness and optical constant distributions of PECVD a-SiCx: H thin films along electrode radial direction, Thin Solid Films, 2003, Vol. 437, pp. 257-265.
15. Li J.C., Batoni P., Tsu R. Synthesis and characterization of 4HSiC on C-plane sapphire by C60 and Si molecular beam epitaxy, Thin Solid Films, 2010, Vol. 518, pp. 1658-1660.
16. Basa D.K., Ambrosone G., Coscia U., Setaro A. Crystallization of hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbon films with laser and thermal annealing, Applied Surface Science, 2009, No. 255, pp. 5528-5531.
17. Kozak А.О., Ivashchenko V.I., Porada O.K., Ivashchenko L.A., Tomila T.V., Manjara V.S., Klishevych G.V. Structural, optoelectronic and mechanical properties of PECVD Si-C-N films: An effect of substrate bias, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2018, No. 88. – P. 65-72.
18. Nikolaenko Y.E., Melnyk R.S., Rotner S.M., Nikolaienko T.Y. The use of Films of Metal-Containing Nanocomposites with a Silicon-Carbon Matrix in Thermal Imitators of the Components of Micro-and Nanoelectronics, 2018 IEEE 38th International Conference on Electronics and Nanotechnology, ELNANO 2018 - Proceedings28 September, 2018, 8477480, pp. 36-39.
19. Choa Jun-Sik, Janga Eunseok, Lima Dongmin, Ahna Seungkyu, Yooa Jinsu, Choa Ara, Parka Joo Hyung, Kima Kihwan, Choib Bo-Hun. Wide-bandgap nanocrystalline silicon-carbon alloys for photovoltaic applications, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2018, Vol. 182, pp. 220-227.
20. Yan X.B., Tay B.K., Chen G., Yang S.R. Synthesis of silicon carbide nitride nanocomposite ﬁlms by a simple electrochemical method, Electrochemistry communication, 2006, No. 8, pp. 737-740.