|Article title||COMPUTING MODEL OF FORMING FAULT STRUCTURES UNDER UNIAXIAL COMPRESSION OF SOLID BODY|
|Authors||A. S. Cherepantsev|
|Section||SECTION II. MODELING AND ALGORITHMS OF INFORMATION PROCESSING|
|Month, Year||07, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The proposed model is based on an analysis of the the concept of the emergence of a self-organized critical state in a dissipative system of interacting discrete elements applicability (the Olami-Feder-Christensen model) to a system of discrete block structures that are in a stressed state. Considered model forms a fault system when a tension parameter in a separate element is reached critical value. The resulting rupture forms a perturbation of the stress field in the surrounding region and can thus serve as a source of the appearance of a fault dislocation in the neighboring element, etc. The evolution of such a dissipative system in time is determined by the increment at each time step the stress components with a given amount. This mechanism allows to simulate various types of loading. As a criterion for the occurrence of rupture, the Coulomb criterion for the formation of a shear fault is considered. To limit the possible compression stresses, the criterion is supplemented with the parameter of the limit compression stress. An evolutionary two-dimensional model of dislocation system calculates a catalog of discrete events, including time, coordinates, angle, and amplitude of dislocations. At the same time, the computational model also derives continuous series of variations of such parameters as mean elastic energy, mean strain of the whole system of blocks or its part at each step of evolution. Computation of the uniaxial compression model made it possible to estimate the most important properties of the spatial and energy organization of fault structures in critical state. As such parameters of state, power exponents of the dislocation distributions by size b, in the space d, and also the fractal dimension of the fault surface are considered. It is shown that these parameters of the dynamic system are related by . The advantage of the considered model for describing both the observed properties of the spatial-temporal activity of fracture structures in natural conditions, and experimental data on the samples destruction in laboratory, is determination of physically understandable interaction of individual blocks using stress redistribution.|
|Keywords||OFC model; shear dislocation; Coulomb failure criterion; dynamic system.|
|References||1. Vvedenskaya A.V. Issledovanie napryazheniy i razryvov v ochagakh zemletryaseniy pri pomoshchi teorii dislokatsiy [Study of stresses and ruptures in earthquake focus with the help of the dislocations theory]. Moscow: Nauka, 1969, 136 p.
2. Cherepantsev A.S. Svoystva modifitsirovannoy OFC modeli pri opisanii vzaimodeystviya dvumernykh dislokatsiy [The properties of the modified OFC model to describe the two-dimensional interaction of dislocations], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region [Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. North Caucasus region], 2012, No. 6, pp. 47-55.
3. CHerepantsev A.S. Razrabotka i issledovanie modeli evolyutsii dvumernoy sistemy vzaimodeystvuyushchikh uprugikh blokov [Design and study of a model for the evolution of a two-dimensional system of interacting elastic blocks], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2010, No. 6 (107), pp. 190-199.
4. Olami Z., Feder H.J.S., Christensen K. Self-organized criticality in a continuous, nonconservative cellular automaton modeling earthquakes, Phys. Rev. Lett., 1992, Vol. 68,
5. Lise S., Paczuski M. Self-organized criticality in a nonconservative earthquake model, Phys.Rev. E, 2001, Vol. 63, pp.36111.
6. Drossel B. Comlex Scaling Behavior of nonconserved self-organized critical systems, Phys.Rev. Lett., 2002, Vol. 89, pp. 238701-238704.
7. Hasumi T., Komura, S. Y., Kamogawa M., Yamazaki Y. Model of earthquake generation exhibiting self-organized criticality with self-affine fault surfaces, Journal of Physics, 2006, Vol. 31, pp. 237-238.
8. Cherepantsev A.S. Kharakteristiki i svoystva dinamicheskoy sistemy v dissipativnoy modeli zemletryaseniy Olami-Federa-Kristiansena [Characteristics and properties of dynamic system in the dissipative Olami-Feder-Christensen earthquake model], Fizicheskaya mezomekhanika [Physical Mesomechanics], 2015, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 86-97.
9. Burridge R., Knopoff L. Model and Theoretical Seismicity, Bull. Seism Soc. Am., 1967,
Vol. 57, pp.3 41-371.
10. Kadomtsev A.G., Damaskinskaya E.E., Kuksenko V.S. Osobennosti razrusheniya granita pri razlichnykh usloviyakh deformirovaniya [Features of granite failure under different deformation conditions], Fizika tverdogo tela [Physics of the Solid State], 2011, Vol. 53, Issue 9, pp. 1777-1782.
11. Stephens R.W.B., Pollock A.A. Waveforms and frequency spectra of acoustic emission,
J. Acoustic. Soc. Amer., 1971, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 904-910.
12. Kadanoff L.P., Nagel S.R., Wu L., Zhou S. Scaling and universality in avalanches, Phys. Rev. A, 1989, Vol. 39, No. 12, pp. 6524-6537.
13. Jaeger J.C., Cook N.G.W., Zimmerman R.W. Fundamental of rock mechanics. 4th ed. Blackwell Publishing, 2007, 475 p.
14. Eshelby J.D. The continuum theory of lattice defects, Solid State Phys., 1956, Vol. 3, pp. 79-144.
15. Chinnery M.A. The Deformation of the Ground around Surface Faults, Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer., 1961, Vol. 51, pp.355-372.
16. Maruyama T. Stress Field in the Neighborhood of a Crack, Bull. Eartq. Res. Inst., 1969,
Vol. 47, pp. 1-29.
17. Scholz C.H. The Mechanics of Earthquakes and Faulting. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990, 471 p.
18. Godano C, Alonzo M. L. Scaling laws of seismic events a model with fractal geometry, Fractals, 1999, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 341-351.
19. Cherepantsev A.S. Otsenka vremeni dostizheniya kriticheskogo sostoyaniya v modeli Olami-Federa-Kristiansena [Time estimation of reaching the critical state in Olami-Feder-Christensen model], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region [Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. North Caucasus region], 2008, No. 1, pp. 72-77.
20. Cherepantsev A.S. Otsenka skorosti skhodimosti resheniya v modeli blokov s uprugimi svyazyami [Estimation of the rate of solution convergence in the blocks model with elastic coupling], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences], 2009, No. 7 (96), pp. 162-168.