|Article title||AUTOMATION OF HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTER SYSTEMS DESIGN PROCESS|
|Authors||V. S. Gorbunov, A. I. Tupitsyn|
|Section||SECTION I. PRINCIPLES OF CONSTRUCTION OF HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING SYSTEMS|
|Month, Year||08, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||Currently, effective solution of the task of transfer to a new level of productivity and effectiveness of supercomputers is impossible without digital transformation of the industry of creation and application of high performance computer systems. This task is complicated by the fact that for supercomputers the duration of implementation of the project of creation of a new device is important. The established practice suggests that it is necessary to create a supercomputer in one, maximum two years. Solving of such problems when required is impossible without application of digital models of the devices – high performance computer systems (supercomputers) and data centers on their base. In this paper, authors suggest a conception of automation of supercomputers design process. The automation is based on an application of interdependent set of digital models on supercomputer life cycle stages: scientific research and development (conceptual design), engineering design, manufacturing and use of the device. The authors suggest basing the creation of digital models of computation system on digital models of components of computing technics. During development of this «sub-models», it is necessary to apply contemporary technologies of artificial intelligence. These sub-models must be self-training systems, which use information from a set of data sources: manufacturers of the ECB, results of monitoring of the information space of the Internet, and information from experts. The authors suggest using ontologies to ensure coordination of digital models on different stages of the device lifecycle. The authors comprehensively describe application of digital models during generation and selection of supercomputer project solution and provide a description of a practical realization of the proposed automation of the design process in an Automatized System of Supercomputers Design (ASSD), developed at FSUE «RDI «Kvant». As far as designing supercomputer architecture, this system allows to produce different choices of supercomputer architecture (project solutions) taking into account the ontology of the future device and available information of unified construction components and original products. For the purpose of cooperation between participants of the supercomputer design process, in ASSD an automatized import of descriptions of sub processes of a technological process of supercomputers design process in a System of Project Control and Management (SPCM) is realized. As a result of this import, in SPCM necessary tasks for each participant of supercomputer design process are created. These tasks are formed with the enumeration of a set of activities, which these participants have to perform. The application of the proposed approach to creation of problem-oriented high performance computation devices will permit to offer the challenge to build in Russia problem-oriented supercomputers and devices with the application of native component and microelectronics base in the required timescale.|
|Keywords||High performance computer systems; supercomputer design; digital model; product lifecycle; technological process.|
|References||1. Gorbunov V.S., Elizarov G.C., Korneev V.V., Latsis A.O. Futurologiya superkomp'yuterov [Futurology supercomputers], Superkomp'yutery [Supercomputers], 2014, No. 1 (17), pp. 24-28.
2. Non-Recurring Engineering. Available at: https://pragmaticmarketing.com/resources/ articles/non-recurring-engineering (Accessed 31 October 2018).
3. Gorbunov V.S., Eisymont L.K. Innovatsionnye supercomputernye tehnologii i problemy sozdaniya otechestvennoн perspectivnoi elementnoi bazy [Innovative supercomputer technologies and problems of implementation of national prospective element base], 5-yi Moscovskii supercomputernyi forum [5th Moscow supercomputer forum] (MSCF-2014) 21 October 2014. Moscow: Otkrytye sistemy, 2014, pp. 7-8.
4. TOP500 Supercomputers Site. Available at: https://www.top500.org (accessed 31 October 2018).
5. Gecevska, V., Anisic Z., Lombardi F., Cus F. Product lifecycle management through innovative and competitive business environment, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 2010, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 323-336.
6. Andriushin D.V., Bikonov D.V., Gorbunov V.S., Tupitsyn A.I., et al. Avtomatizatsiya razrabotki arkhitektury vysokoproizvoditelnykh vychislitelnykh system [Automation of architecture design of high-performance computer systems], Materialy 5-yi Vserossiiskoy naychno-tekhnichecskoi conferentsii «Supercomputernye tekhnologii» [Proceedings of the 5th All-Russia scientific and technological conference «Supercomputer technologies»] (SKT-2018), Vol. 1, 17–22 September 2018, Divnomorskoe, Gelendzhik. Rostov-on-Don: Izdatelstvo Yuznogo federalnogo universiteta, 2018, pp. 23-26.
7. CORAL-2 RFP. Available at: http://procurement.ornl.gov/rfp/CORAL2 (accessed 31 October 2018).
8. Cong J., Reinman G., Bui A., Sarkar V. Customizable Domain-Specific Computing, IEEE Design & Test of Computers, March-April 2011, Vol. 28, Issue 2, pp. 6-14.
9. DARPA Electronics Resurgence Initiative. Available at: https://www.darpa.mil/work-with-us/electronics-resurgence-initiative (accessed 31 October 2018).
10. GOST R 57193-2016 Systemnaya i programnaya inzheneriya. Processy zhiznennogo tsikla sistem [Systems and software engineering. System life cycle processes] (ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015, NEQ).
11. Gorbunov V.S., Elizarov G.S., Eisymont L.K. Proekty exaflopnykh supercomputerov za rubezhom i v Rossii, ogranicheniya i perspektivy rosta [Projects of exaflop supercomputers, limitations and growth potential], 4-yy Moskovskii supercomputernyy forum [4th Moscow supercomputer forum] (MSCF-2013) 23 October 2013. Moscow: Otkrytye sistemy, 2013, pp. 3.
12. Gorbunov V.S. HPC Otsenit’, izmerit’, optimizirovat’ [HPC Estimate, Measure, Optimize], Superkomp'yutery [Supercomputers], 2013, No. 3 (15), pp. 46-51.
13. The Technology Lane on the Road to a Zettaflops, SC’06, April 24, 2006, 13 p.
14. Levin V.K., Gorbunov V.S., Elizarov G.S. Sovremennye vysokoproizvoditel’nye vychislitel’nye sistemy [Contemporary high performance computational systems], Materialy 4-oi Vserossiiskoi naychno-tehnichecskoi conferentsii «Supercomputernye tehnologii» [Proceedings of the 4th All-Russia scientific and technological conference «Supercomputer technologies»] (SKT-2016). Vol. 1, 19-24 September 2016, Divnomorskoe, Gelendzhik. Rostov-on-Don: Izd-vo YuFU, 2016, pp. 58-59.
15. Elizarov G.S., Gorbunov V.S., Malakhov I.N., Titiov A.G. Komponenty vysokoproizvoditel’nykh rekonfiguriruemykh supercomputerov na osnove PLIS Xilinx Ultrascale [Components of high performance reconfigurable supercomputers based on FPGA Xilinx Ultrascale], Materialy 4-oi Vserossiiskoy naychno-tekhnichecskoy conferentsii «Supercomputernye tehnologii» [Proceedings of 4th All-Russia scientific and technological conference «Supercomputer technologies»] (SKT-2016). Vol. 2. 19-24 September 2016, Divnomorskoe, Gelendzhik. Rostov-on-Don: Izd-vo YuFU, 2016, pp. 21-25.
16. Elizarov G.S., Gorbunov V.S., Malakhov I.N., Titiov A.G. Apparatno-programnaya platforma modeliruyushchei geterogennoi VS (MGVS) [Hardware/software platform for modeling of heterogeneous CS (MHCS)], Materialy Tret’ego Natsional’nogo Supercomp’uternogo Foruma [Proceedings of the 3rd National Supercomputer Forum] (NSKF-2014), Russia, Pereslavl-Zalesskii, IPS im. A.K. Ailamaziana RAN, 25-27 November 2014, 16 pp.
17. Gorbunov V.S. Spetsializatsiya kak process dostizhenia resul’tativnosti ispol’zovaniya supercomputerov [Specialization as a process of achievement of computer usage effectiveness], Nauchnyy servis v seti Internet: mnogoobrazie supercomputernykh mirov. Trudy Mezhdunarodnoy supercomputernoy conferentsii [Scientific service in the Internet: variety of supercomputer worlds. Proceedings of International supercomputer conference]. Moscow: Rossiiskaya academia nayk. Supercomputernii consortsium universitetov Rossii, 2014, pp. 344-348.
18. Natalya F. Noy and Deborah L. McGuinness. Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating Your First Ontology, Stanford Knowledge Systems Laboratory Technical Report KSL-01-05 and Stanford Medical Informatics Technical Report SMI-2001-0880, March 2001.
19. Gosudarstvennaya informatsionnaya systema promyshlennosti [State industry information system]. Available at: http://gisp.gov.ru (accessed 31 October 2018).
20. Baza dannykh elektronnoy komponentnoy bazy [Electronic components database]. Available at: http://ekb.mniirip.ru (accessed 31 October 2018).
21. Biblioteka elektonnykh komponentov [Library of electronic components]. Available at: https://optochip.org (accessed 31 October 2018).