|Article title||WIDEBAND COMPACT MICROSTRIP ANTENNA WITH CAPACITANCE MICROSTRIP FEEDING|
|Authors||A.I. Semenikhin, D.V. Semenikhina, S.N. Sergeev, S.N. Nosаkov|
|Section||SECTION I. APPLIED ELECTROMAGNETICS AND ANTENNA MEASUREMENTS|
|Month, Year||11, 2012 @en|
|Abstract||We consider three models of compact wideband microstrip antennas (MSA) with radome to operate in the frequency range 1.2 to 1.65 GHz. They are characterized by different forms of ringradiating patch and a weak capacitive coupling with the feeder microstrip line. Each antenna has a suspended substrate FR4 with radiator patchand feed strip and a lower substrate FR4 with the microstrip line and broadband transition from the microstrip line to the feeder strip. Them have VSWR less than 2.8–3.9, the maximum realized gain 4,4–6,8 dBi, and the sizes 87,2 mm X80 mm X28,3 mm in the band 37.5 %. The experimental study of the prototype, manufactured by model 1, confirmed the estimates of achievable antenna performance.|
|Keywords||Compact microstrip antenna; widebandness; capacitive coupling; feeder microstrip line; radome.|
|References||1. Kin-Lu Wong. Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, John Wiley & Sons. Inc. – New York, 2002.
2. Kumar G., Ray K.P. Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2003.
3. Palanisamy V., Garg R. Rectangular ring and H-shaped microstrip antennas-alternatives to rectangular patch antenna // Electronics Letter. – Vol. 21, № 19, September 12, 1985.
4. Deshmukh A.A., Kumar G. Formulation of resonance frequency for compact microstrip antennas // IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2006.
5. Vandenbosch G.A.E., Van de Capelle A.R. Study of the capacitive feed microstrip antenna element s// IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. – 1994. – № 12. – P. 1648.
6. Kasabegoudar V.G., Upadhyay D.S., Vinoy K.J. Design studies of ultra-wideband microstrip antenna with a small capacitive feed// Internation Journal of Antenna and Propagation, Article
ID 67503, 8, 2007, doi:1155/2007/67503.
7. Singh S.K., Singh A.K. UWB Rectangular Ring Microstrip Antenna with Simple Capacitive Feed for Breast Cancer Detection// Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Beijing, China, March 23, 2009. – P. 1639-1642.
8. www.ansoft.com .