|Article title||PARAMETRIC ARRAY AS A NEW ACOUSTICAL TECHNOLOGY FOR REMOTE OCEANOGRAPHY RESEARCH AT BLACK SEA RANGE|
|Authors||I.B. Esipov, I.I. Sizov, S.P. Tarasov|
|Section||SECTION I. METHODS AND MEANS OF ECOLOGICAL MONITORING OF WATER AREAS|
|Month, Year||09, 2013 @en|
|Abstract||Results of preliminary test of the developed parametric array both and the first program of remote marine environment monitoring in the Black sea are presented there. New experimental tool operating on principals of nonlinear acoustics for waveguide marine research of the main hydrographical features (current, temperature, salinity) in frequency band of 300–3000 Hz has been developed. Extremely narrow directivity pattern (20 angular resolution) for low frequency acoustical signals perfectly fits for single mode waveguide excitation in the whole frequency band. Investigation shows that single mode wide frequency band acoustical signal in the Black sea waveguide could be compressed more than 25 times at the range of 500 km with proper intensity amplification. Specific features of the array could solve a number of problems related to remote oceanographic data research using a technique with such extreme parameters. We discuss there the program of remote monitoring of the Black sea at the elongated paths, for example Sukhum(Abkhazia) – Katsevely(Crimea). This program includes the research of seasonal variation of frequency dispersion of the Black sea waveguide both and a problem of cold intermediate layer parameters inversion by means of sharp directed wide frequency band acoustical parametrical signals.|
|Keywords||Marine waveguide; single mode dispersion; waveguide modes.|
|References||1. Novikov B.K., Rudenko O.V., Timoshenko V.I. Nonlinear Underwater Acoustics, (AIR-Press, New York, 1987).
2. Igor B. Esipov, Sergey P. Tarasov, Vasily A. Voronin and Oleg E. Popov. “Parametric Array Signal Dispersion in Shallow Water”, Nonlinear Acoustics – Fundamentals and Applications, 18-th International Symposium on Nonlinear Acoustics, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-10 July 2008, – P. 393-396.
3. Esipov I.B., Popov O.E., Voronin V.A., and Tarasov S.P. Dispersion of the signal of a parametric array in shallow water // Acoust. Phys. – 2009. – № 55 (1). – P. 76-80.
4. Fuks I., Charnotskii M., and Naugolnykh K. A multi-frequency scintillation method for ocean flow measurement // J. Acoust.Soc. Am. – 2001. – № 109 (6). – P. 2730-2738.
5. Esipov I.B., Zimenkov S.V., Kalachev A.I. and Nazarov V.E. Sensing of an ocean eddy by directional parametric radiation // Acoust. Phys. – 1993. – № 39 (1). – P. 89-90.
6. Esipov I.B., Kalachev A.I., Sokolov A.D., Sutin A.M. and Sharonov G.A. Long range propagation experiments with a powerful parametric source // Acoust. Phys. – 1994. – № 40 (1). – P. 61-64.
7. Бреховских Л.M. Океан и человек. Настоящее и будущее. – М.: Наука, 1987.