|Article title||RESEARCH OF INFLUENCE STRUCTURAL PARAMETERS OF ELEMENTS VIVALDI ON ITS ELECTRODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTENNA ARRAY|
|Section||SECTION II. MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF RADIOPHYSICAL PROCESSES|
|Month, Year||11, 2013 @en|
|Abstract||We have performed an analysis of the influence of some structural parameters of the Vivaldi element on its electrodynamic characteristics of antenna array for constant overall dimensions. Research was performed in SHF CAD system Ansoft HFSS software package. Numerical results were obtained for the model, made in the form of two plates with an exponential aperture and a resonator in the form of semi-ellipse on the boundary between feeding and radiating parts of the antenna. Resonators as semi and full ellipse was investigated. The influence of axial ratio on the performance of the antenna array with constant size axis of the ellipse perpendicular to the direction of radiation was considered. Analysis of the results revealed that the shape of the cutout in the form of the full ellipse or the semi-ellipse affects the VSWR frequency characteristic. The frequency characteristics of the gain and standing wave ratio and also the angular dependence of the gain of antenna arrays on separate frequencies are showed to illustrate the calculation results.|
|Keywords||Antenna array; Vivaldi element.|
|References||1. Li Bian, Qun Wu, Jia-Hui Fu. Optimization Design and Parameter Determination for Vivaldi UWB Antenna // Proceedings of ISAP2007 – Niigata, Japan, 2007. – P. 692-695.
2. Gibson P.J. The Vivaldi aerial // Proc. 9th European Microwave Conf. – Brighton (UK), 1979. – P. 101-105.
3. Sato H., Takagi Y., Wagatsuma Y., Mizuno K., Sawaya K. Time domain characteristics of broadband antipodal fermi antenna and its application to through-wall imaging // Proceedings
OF ISAP2005 – SEOUL, KOREA, 2005. – P. 387-390.
4. Bayat A.R., Mirzakhani R. A Parametric Study and Design of the Balanced Antipodal Vivaldi Antenna (BAVA) // PIERS Proceedings – Moscow, Russia, 2012. – P. 778-782.
7. Eloy de Lera Acedo, Enrique Garcia, Vicente Gonzбlez-Posadas, Josй Luis Vбzquez-Roy, Rob Maaskant, Daniel Segovia. Study and Design of a Differentially Fed Tapered Slot Antenna Array // Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on. On page(s): 1, Jan. 2010. – Vol. 58, Issue. – P. 68-78.
8. Yukhanov Yury V., Semenikhin Andrey I., Privalova Tatiana Y., Semenikhina Diana V. Wideband radiators of scanning antenna array // Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics
(ANTEM), 2012 15th International Symposium on Toulouse Digital Object Identifier:
10.1109/ANTEM.2012.6262339 Publication Year: 2012 , Page(s): 1-5 IEEE Xplorer.
9. Xianming Qing, Zhi Ning Chen, Michael YanWah Chia. Parametric Study of Ultra-Wideband Dual Elliptically Tapered Antipodal Slot Antenna // Hindawi Publishing Corporation Interna-
tional Journal of Antennas and Propagation Volume 2008, Article ID 267197, 9 p. doi:10.1155/2008/267197.