|Article title||SENDER-SIDE PATH-SCHEDULING ALGORITHM FOR VIDEO STREAM ALLOCATION IN HETEROGENEOUS WIRELESS NETWORK|
|Section||SECTION II. SECURITY OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS|
|Month, Year||02, 2014 @en|
|Index UDC||004.4, 004.7|
|Abstract||The main purpose of a project was development of Sender-side Path Scheduling (SSPS) algorithm. This algorithm parallelizes traffic of an application. Thus it allows to optimize the transmission of streaming and real-time traffic using several access wireless network simultaneously. The proposed algorithm can be used with several wireless technologies and under throughput restrictions. Also the survey of existing method was done. At the current stage of an investigation the prototype of a simple system for transmission streaming and real-time traffic was build (on the basis of WLAN (IEEE 802.11g) and 3G). The proposed algorithm also allows to increase the reliability of video data transmission and to optimize wireless networks interaction.|
|Keywords||Heterogeneous wireless network; wireless network parameters; interaction of wireless access network; streaming and real-time traffic.|
|References||1. Gustafsson E., Jonsson A. Always Best connected // IEEE Wireless Communications. – February 2003. – Vol. 10, Issue 1. – P. 49-55
2. Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2012-2017. May 2013.
3. Ramboli A.L., Falowo O.E., Chan A.H. Bandwidth aggregation in heterogeneous wireless networks: A survey of current approaches and issues // Journal of Network and Computer Applications. – May, 2012, № 35. – P. 1674-1690.
4. Chebrolu K. and Rao R.R. Bandwidth Aggregation for Real-Time Applications in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks // IEEE Mobile Transactions on Mobile Computing. – April, 2006. – Vol. 5, № 4. – P. 388-403.
5. Jurca D. and Frossard P. Video Packet Selection and Scheduling for Multipath Streaming // IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. – April, 2007. – Vol. 9, № 3. – P. 629-641.
6. Singh V., Ahsan A. and Ott J. MPRTP: Multipath Considerations for Real-time Media // MMSys ’13, Proceedings of the 4th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference. – February 26-March 1, 2013. – P. 190-201.
7. Singh V., Karkkainen T., Ott J. and Ahsan S. Multipath RTP (MPRTP), 2012. IETF Draft, draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp.
8. Schulzrinne H., Casner S., Frederick R. and Jacobson V. RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications., RFC 3550, 2003.
9. Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback (RTP/AVPF), RFC 4585.